We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

VooDoo Vibe-Cajun/Zydeco music

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
AR
Level Contributor
3,577 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
VooDoo Vibe-Cajun/Zydeco music

For those wanting to hear great Cajun/Zydeco music, VooDoo Vibe is closed for the weekend...should reopen on Monday. In the meantime, Dwayne Dopsie is at Krazy Korner this weekend (early band) and the Bayou Club will have some good Cajun bands.

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,327 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: VooDoo Vibe-Cajun/Zydeco music

I hope this closed for the week-end is nothing serious. It's on my to do and the family to do list this October. The whole family is a fan of Waylon and would really miss not seeing him.

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
6,991 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: VooDoo Vibe-Cajun/Zydeco music

We stopped with the kids and listened at the Bayou Club last thurs day night...fabulous

AR
Level Contributor
3,577 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: VooDoo Vibe-Cajun/Zydeco music

It is my understanding that there was a problem with the city overlooking some paperwork that had been filed for this year's license. The club should be reopened on Monday. If not, I will post again. Of course, the Quarter is packed this weekend and this is a big $$$$$ loss since the club is closed this weekend.

AR
Level Contributor
3,577 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: VooDoo Vibe-Cajun/Zydeco music

VooDoo Vibe is still closed....Monday at 4:00 p.m....Bourbon St. Blues Club is the same owner and they say it will be next week before VooDoo is open due to city paperwork problem.

Harwich Port...
Level Contributor
1 post
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: VooDoo Vibe-Cajun/Zydeco music

We just got back from New Orleans and the zydeco music playing in voodoo vibe is second to one. We had a blastv

AR
Level Contributor
3,577 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: VooDoo Vibe-Cajun/Zydeco music

Glad you enjoyed it...mostly Cajun music, with some Zydeco. Great bands.

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,327 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: VooDoo Vibe-Cajun/Zydeco music

Question re Waylon Thibodeaux's schedule. His site says he's there Sunday to Wednesday, but I seem to remember reading on the forum he was only there a couple of days a week now. Can someone confirm? I ask because people/business's from Louisiana have the annoying habit of not updating their websites. :)

AR
Level Contributor
3,577 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: VooDoo Vibe-Cajun/Zydeco music

Yes, Porelly, sadly Waylon is only at VooDoo Vibe on Sunday's and Wednesday's now. After they had the problems with the city and then reopened, they changed the schedule.

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,327 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: VooDoo Vibe-Cajun/Zydeco music

Txs skt. He's quite popular in our neck of the woods, and a must see for the family when they are there in October. Sunday likes a great way to spend the day. Nothin' like getting hammered on a Sunday. :)

10. Re: VooDoo Vibe-Cajun/Zydeco music

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 June 2014, 05:16