We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DDay Museum 4D Movie-Kids?

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Neenah, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
302 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
DDay Museum 4D Movie-Kids?

Our kids (11, 14, and 15) are very interested in history, and we will definitely be visiting this museum. Many reviews say make sure to bring the kids, and don't miss the 4D movie.

Here's what the museum website says:

"The film also contains images of a very graphic nature, including archival footage from the battlefields of WWII that may be too intense for younger viewers. Parental guidance is suggested."

So, I'm looking for guidance on what 'younger' might mean, and your experiences with your kids there. Thanks in advance.

To clarify, they have seen graphic exhibits in museums before, and know much about WWII. I'm wondering about the 4D experience, and if that makes horrific things that much more horrifying.

maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,124 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: DDay Museum 4D Movie-Kids?

I think most kids would be fine. The footage is real and the lights, and sounds all around you make it feel more real. We went in July last year and there were a lot of kids, all ages, in the theater and no one was crying or screaming ( I can just speak for the one show we saw).

The museum was great as was the movie and if you like history, you will really enjoy this.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,427 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: DDay Museum 4D Movie-Kids?

My husband took my then 13 year old--he enjoyed the museum and the film. I would say it is not appropriate for small children or especially sensitive ones.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: DDay Museum 4D Movie-Kids?

11,14, and 15 are not the kids they are referring to! They are talking about little kids 2 or 3 to about 7-8 or so. Your kids will LOVE the film and find it interesting and entertaining.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
117 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: DDay Museum 4D Movie-Kids?

I don't remember it being as graphic as Saving Private Ryan. I enjoyed it, it was very moving, and the 4d was cool.i would take my 8yo daughter, but I don't think we have the time this time.

Neenah, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
302 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: DDay Museum 4D Movie-Kids?

Thank you all-just the kind of opinions i was seeking.

Naperville, Illinois
Level Contributor
13 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: DDay Museum 4D Movie-Kids?

I would agree about the level being similar to Saving Private Ryan. Tom Hanks even narrated.

7. Re: DDay Museum 4D Movie-Kids?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2014, 04:16