We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accidentally posted in Louisiana Forum

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rancho Santa...
Level Contributor
381 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Accidentally posted in Louisiana Forum

Sorry, I posted day 2 in the Louisiana forum instead of the New Orleans forum.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,614 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accidentally posted in Louisiana Forum

Can you copy it and paste it in the New Orleans forum?????

Rancho Santa...
Level Contributor
381 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accidentally posted in Louisiana Forum

WishbI could but not from my phone or Kindle Fire. :(

Toronto, Ontario...
Level Contributor
11,058 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accidentally posted in Louisiana Forum

Sequoia, you should do a copy/paste! We've eaten at the Coffee Pot by the Natchez once. The food was okay, but we were fortunate to get a good server. It was still S-L-O-W, but at least he kept coming out to check on us, give us coffee refills and what not. We ate there coz one Natchez ride a long time ago, by the time we got off, we were STARVING! We could smell the Natchez buffet, and didn't realize at the time that ANYONE can get al la carte from it (even if you don't pay for the meal) Long story short, I wouldn't eat there again and don't blame you in the least for leaving. All in all, another good day! :)

Toronto, Ontario...
Level Contributor
11,058 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accidentally posted in Louisiana Forum

allow me to do it for you:

This is Sequoia's Day 2 post:

Live Trip Report: Day 2 - 3/28

Mar 29, 2013, 10:26 AM

What a pretty day it was! Clear blue skies and mild temps. Another perfect day in New Orleans. We slept in trying to make up for 2 days of little to no sleep so we got a late start. Tom saw The Gumbo Pot the night before and wanted breakfast there so off we went. Seemed like a cute place and we sat outside on the patio. We could hear the calliope behind us. We got coffee and placed our breakfast orders, omelet and french toast. Over an hour later, after watching others come and go, we had yet to receive our breakfast. Our waiter was very inattentive. When he finally came by to refill coffee and we asked about our food he brushed us off and said it was coming. We waited another 15 minutes with no food and other waiter's walking past us while folks who came in 15 minutes prior received their food. We got the hint. Apparently we looked funny or dressed wrong or whatever but we left. We've never done that before and felt slightly guilty doing it but really, over an hour and 15 minutes for French toast and an omelet?

We walked one block down and went to Camellia Grill. Grabbed 2 seats at the counter and ordered up. Yum! Great food, great service and super fast! We were hungry with a capital H too! So hungry, we would have eaten someones big toe by that time. ;)

From there we grabbed the St. Charles street car and rode it to the point where you need to get on the bus. We grabbed the return car back instead. Roamed the streets a bit more and decided to grab a seat at the Carousel Bar. Corey was our bartender and he was a blast! Round and round we went. I had a sapphire Collins and Tom had a monteleone cocktail. Both were yummy but his was better so I ordered a monteleone for my second drink. I ordered crawfish and bluecrab beigneits to share and that was some tasty goodness. Round and round we go. Tom said it was time to try a sazerac since we'd never had one. Corey mixed it up and we each hesitatly toook a sip. Hot damn those are good! It went down smooth. We stopped for gelato which was good but I don't remember the name of the place. (I'll blame it on the sazerac.)

We returned to our hotel for a power nap. Then went out for dinner. We settled on Charters House and had a seat by the steer so we could watch the street band playing. A round of Abitas and a burger for Tom and crawfish pasta for me. We walked down Bourbon street and saw a guy dressed as a drunk Homer Simpson - hilarious! Off to Frenchmen we went hoping to catch some blues at Apple Barrel. We checked out the artists market and poked our head in Apple Barrel. It was steamin' hot in there with nowhere to squeeze in and super smokey so we decided to go elsewhere. We went back to one of our favorites BMC on Decatur. The band was just setting up and we grabbed a table and some rum and cokes. The band was the Bayou St. Funk band and they were amazing! The place quickly filled up. I wish they had a CD for sale because they rocked it. We stayed thru both sets.

It was time for a snack so off to Cafe Du Monde to end the day. Another great day!

Toronto, Ontario...
Level Contributor
11,058 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accidentally posted in Louisiana Forum

oh, and I meant to say Gumbo Pot, NOT Coffee Pot, which is AMAZING!!! :)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,614 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accidentally posted in Louisiana Forum

Sequoia--I don't blame you guys for leaving the Gumbo Pot. I honestly would have done the same thing. That is just crazy! And people wonder why they don't have business! Glad Camellia's worked out for you!

I love the Carousel Bar! The last trip we waited for the doors to open and finally got a seat! I loved spinning around and drinking. Our bartender was amazing too--but then I'll bet they all are! Can't wait to go back for another few spins and drinks!

How did you like Chartres House? We love that place. The po-boys and the fried catfish are excellent!

Hope you have fun today wandering around and enjoying. They're saying it should be 74 degrees...perfect weather for Pat's outside courtyard!

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,327 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accidentally posted in Louisiana Forum

I would have left way before. There are too many great places to eat in NO to be treated that way.

The Carousel Bar is beautiful but when you kept saying going around and around, I got flashed backs to the day I had too many demon rums there last year and paid dearly the next day. :)

Orland Park...
Level Contributor
576 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Accidentally posted in Louisiana Forum

I did not know the Carousel Bar had food?? We have been missing out!

Willington...
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
5,128 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Accidentally posted in Louisiana Forum

Another great day, keep it coming

Toronto, Ontario...
Level Contributor
11,058 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Accidentally posted in Louisiana Forum

no, Melissa, there's no food...porelly meant she'd have left to eat someplace else . The Carousel Bar is another topic to her entirely! LOL!