We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants near Dauphine Orleans?

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Beverly...
Level Contributor
278 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants near Dauphine Orleans?

Hi,

We will be travelling to NOLA in July for our 10th wedding anniversary. It will be the first trip for both of us. I haven't booked yet but I leaning towards staying in the Hermann House at the Dauphine Orleans. Are there any restaurants near the hotel that are a must do? How far of a walk is it from that hotel to let's say Jackson Square? I have a map but it is hard for me to judge distances.

Thanks!

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,297 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants near Dauphine Orleans?

You'll be very near to Jackson Square--the blocks in the French Quarter are small. I think someone said you're supposed to be able to walk the whole thing in about 20 minutes. As for must-visit restaurants, Stanley at Jackson Square gets my vote for breakfast and Muriel's right there is supposed to be great for all meals/drinks. We love Red Gravy right across Canal St from the French Quarter for all 3 meals as well. We enjoyed Vacherie for breakfast, that's pretty close by...and the Desire Oyster Bar for lunch/dinner. Do NOT go to Oceana--they bribe people to put fake reviews on here and they were also featured on Kitchen Nightmares! Red Fish Grill is good for a nice meal. For a good cheap breakfast we enjoy Johnny's Po Boys and have heard great things about Verti Marte.

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Level Contributor
107 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants near Dauphine Orleans?

Bayona is a great restaurant and is directly next door to the Hermann House. EAT is good and is across the street. Jackson Square is about a 10ish minute walk. We stay at the Hermann House every year to celebrate our anniversary. Enjoy!

Beverly...
Level Contributor
278 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants near Dauphine Orleans?

Thank you so much for the quick reply. It is so hard when looking at a map to determine the distance of things. Our daughters will be with their grandparents in Northern Mississippi so it will be a nice 3 day adventure for us.

AR
Level Contributor
3,580 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants near Dauphine Orleans?

EAT is actually on the corner of Dauphine and Dumaine...not next to the Dauphine Orleans, ...Vacherie is their sister restaurant and both are great. Vacherie has a happy hour from 4-7 with small plates as well as a restaurant and a deli. I also enjoy their new breakfast cafe at the Conti Hotel which is near you. DejaVu is also nearby and is a 24/7 diner...good breakfast orl ate night snack. Also straight up Dauphine, cross Canal, and you are on Barrone...1/2 block up is Domenica, a great Italian restaurant with a 3-6 Happy Hour, 7 days a week...half price drinks, wine and pizza, along with some small plates. The Quarter is only @ 8 blocks by 12 blocks and there are MANY, MANY wonderful restaurants within walking distance of your hotel. You might check the Top Questions at the top right of this page for more suggestions....

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Level Contributor
107 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants near Dauphine Orleans?

I said Bayona is next door, EAT across the street. Should have clarified that it's not directly across the street.

Edited: 01 April 2013, 21:46
Mitchell, South...
Level Contributor
2,697 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants near Dauphine Orleans?

Bombay Club and Louisiana Bistro are both just 1/2 block from your hotel. Deanie's just 2 blocks away.

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
Level Contributor
3,326 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants near Dauphine Orleans?

Of those mentioned I'd probably try Bayona for my special anniversary dinner, though some of the others are great places.

Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
2,324 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants near Dauphine Orleans?

Killer Poboys is located in the back of Erin Rose on Conti St. Menu link here: killerpoboys.blogspot.com/2013/01/menu.html

A good way to check distance is to use the pedestrian option with Google Maps or Mapquest. For example it's 390 feet from Dauphine Orleans to Erin Rose and on the way you'll pass Dauphine St. Books, Deja Vu 24 hour restaurant, Jagerhaus (good German food) and Broussard's.

Long Beach, CA
Level Contributor
357 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants near Dauphine Orleans?

We stayed at the Dauphine last year and we walked everywhere. I can't remember anything that required a cab or a bus. We do like to walk but even with that, I felt like everything was very walkable.

10. Re: Restaurants near Dauphine Orleans?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2014, 06:17