We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Free Park and Ride

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lansing, Michigan
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Free Park and Ride

Hello! My boyfriend and I are visiting New Orleans in about a week and got a great deal at a hotel downtown in the business district. However, they charge $35 a night for parking! We're driving from Michigan and hope to park our car somewhere outside of downtown for free, then take public transportation into the city and leave the car for the 6 days we're in the city. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to park? I looked on the RTA website, but I don't really see anything about a park and ride/commuter. I'm open to parking on side streets, I don't necessarily need a parking lot :)

Any thoughts?

Thanks for your time,

Rachel

AR
Level Contributor
3,579 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Free Park and Ride

Google: New Orleans Parking...several park and ride options listed there...including one from neworleansonline.com ( a great site for a visitor to preview before coming to town) This site also lists phone numbers for the park n ride areas it mentions.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,877 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Free Park and Ride

Howard Avenue Park & Ride is $4 a day. Shuttle to/from the garage.

3. Re: Free Park and Ride

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2014, 05:15