We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New restaurant/Sunday Jazz *Buffet* Brunch/music venue

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Hampshire
Level Contributor
2,762 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
New restaurant/Sunday Jazz *Buffet* Brunch/music venue

Read about the Little Gem Saloon on North Rampart in the CBD opening a few months ago.

This article says the Sunday Jazz brunch is buffet-style, with a "Build your own Bloody Marys" bar and/or bottomless mimosas...

The menu online is unclear whether it is a true buffet, but it and the regular menu sound delicious, gets great Yelp reviews so far, the building is a part of infamous Storyville history, and it looks like they are putting together a nice music line-up.

I am planning to visit in May, and will post a review.

bestofneworleans.com/blogofneworleans/archiv…

nola.com/business/index.ssf/2012/10/little_g…

http://www.littlegemsaloon.com/

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
10,624 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New restaurant/Sunday Jazz *Buffet* Brunch/music venue

Sounds interesting Willow. The menu looks pretty good too. You'll have to let us know what you think after you've tried it!

AR
Level Contributor
3,581 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New restaurant/Sunday Jazz *Buffet* Brunch/music venue

I have recommended it to a few folks based on the reviews from good friends of mine who have been and said that it isn't a buffet, but rather a choice of appetizers, entree and desserts...kind of like Antoine's $20.13 menu. They said the food was good, the jazz was great and the atmosphere was nice. The history of the building is fascinating. Not too far to walk from the Quarter if one wants.

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
11,286 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New restaurant/Sunday Jazz *Buffet* Brunch/music venue

We're planning on going with a group late May. I pretty excited about it. Although historic as relates to jazz and other matters, its location close to SOUTH Rampart St. and Poydras St. was not a part of Storyville, which was bounded by Iberville, Basin, St. Louis, and N. Robertson streets.

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
2,762 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New restaurant/Sunday Jazz *Buffet* Brunch/music venue

Sorry Loop, I was paraphrasing the Little Gem website. On further review, the area is described as "Black" Storyville, or "Back o' Town". Louis Armstrong's home as well as many of the jazz greats. For those who want to know more, I found this walking tour:

nps.gov/jazz/…cbd-bot.pdf

Anyway.... JAZZ BRUNCH! :-)

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
11,286 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New restaurant/Sunday Jazz *Buffet* Brunch/music venue

Willow, thanks for posting the walking tour!

6. Re: New restaurant/Sunday Jazz *Buffet* Brunch/music venue

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2014, 05:15