We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2013 Saints Schedule - important for those not football fans

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
12,088 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
2013 Saints Schedule - important for those not football fans

The NFL came out with the 2013 schedule yesterday. Although you may not be a football fan, the schedule is important to NOLA fans because it affects hotel availability and rates. Good news for those visiting in October; except for the last weekend at the very end of October, there are no October home games scheduled. See:

fbschedules.com/nfl-13/2013-new-orleans-sain…

Edited: 19 April 2013, 22:25
Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,409 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2013 Saints Schedule - important for those not football fans

Not good news for me. My family and I were really hoping that their would be a home game when we are in town. Oh well.

Good idea to let everybody know though Loop. So thoughtful!

Texas
Level Contributor
223 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2013 Saints Schedule - important for those not football fans

Thanks for the heads-up. I've been playing around with the idea of a fall trip instead of our usual summer so this info helps narrow down our dates. Not a football fan and even less a fan of football-loving crowds! :)

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
695 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2013 Saints Schedule - important for those not football fans

Thanks for the post....looks like saints play bears in chicago this year. I wouldnt mind seeing a game down there but i might feel like im missing out on the city while at the game.

Bossier City, LA
Level Contributor
2,944 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2013 Saints Schedule - important for those not football fans

Hi Chris, my husband is from Chicago and a huge Bears fan. The Saints play the Bears just about every year in Chicago. They rarely play in New Orleans. Last year was the first in years. And unfortunately he couldn't get time off work to go. And yes, you need to go a few more times before you spend time at sporting events. The first time we went to a basketball game there I was soooo torn about spending that amount of time watching the game.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
695 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2013 Saints Schedule - important for those not football fans

BCLA, youre preachin' to the choir! Haha...Does a home Saints game cause a near-mardi gras type level of crowd and crazy in the French Quarter? We plan on our first several visits not being on Mardi Gras, St. Patricks day, Halloween etc. Should we look more for weekends in the fall when the saints are away?

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
297 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2013 Saints Schedule - important for those not football fans

I went to a Saint's home game back in 2010 (the season-opener after they won the Superbowl in fact). I won a contest at work that included the trip and the game. There were a lot of crowds, but having also experienced Mardi Gras, I won't say the crowds were as bad as that. At least not as bad as Mardi Gras Day itself when I experienced the worst congestion of people in my life. The most congested crowds were immediately outside the dome so it took a while for our chartered bus to get us back to the hotel afterwards. We hit Bourbon Street that night and it was manageable and everyone was pretty much in a good mood since the Saints won so that was cool.

Kansas City
Level Contributor
5,990 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2013 Saints Schedule - important for those not football fans

Saints home games always include a busy weekend but certainly not "Mardi Gras" crowds. If you want to go when there are the fewest people in town consider Summer and avoid the "events" like Red Dress Run in August. Personally, it wouldn't be my choice, I love Halloween and festivals. BTW, St Paddy's is not as big in NOLA as in some other cities. There are celebrations and a couple of smallish parades but not what you might expect.

Greenwood, Louisiana
Level Contributor
2,504 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2013 Saints Schedule - important for those not football fans

Loop-also important for those of us who are football fans as well. All of my fall activities revolve around the Saints schedule.

For those of us coming down in October-We're arriving Sunday, Oct 13, and will be in a cool bar somewhere in the French Quarter watching my Saints kick patriot a$$ at 3:25pm. I'll let you know where as we get closer.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,162 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 2013 Saints Schedule - important for those not football fans

If you're trying to avoid football crowds, also check the LSU schedule as visiting Southeastern Conference teams (particularly Alabama, Auburn, Florida and Georgia) bring thousands of fans who primarily stay in NOLA and then bus to Baton Rouge for the game.

Tulane's not a big draw so not much to report there. :-(

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,660 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 2013 Saints Schedule - important for those not football fans

We happened to be there in Dec. when the Saints played at home against Tampa Bay (41-0!). We had hotel reservations 4-5 monthe in advance (unrelated to the game), so that was not a consideration nor a problem. It was great fun sitting in the Erin Rose watching the game with the locals. Then we moseyed over to the Carousel Bar before the game was over to snag two seats.

It was exciting to see the Quarter fill up with joyuos Saints fans after the game,and take a couple of turns with them on the Carousel. It added an extra level of excitement to the day, but was not uncomfortably crowded.