We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

French Quarter Festival 2014

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newington...
Level Contributor
405 posts
Save Topic
French Quarter Festival 2014

When is a good time to book a hotel room for this event?? I know its a year away but we want to get a good deal now!

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,877 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: French Quarter Festival 2014

You won't get a good "deal", I don't think, but by planning early you can secure the accommodations of your chouce. It's never too early as some B&Bs and hotels already have their reservation books open.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,615 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: French Quarter Festival 2014

Kitty--We booked our hotel for Mardi Gras six months in advance. I think that will be your best bet too--6 months in advance--because most hotels won't really have rates available for that yet.

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,327 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: French Quarter Festival 2014

You won't get any deals for that week-end, but the sooner you book, the "better" the price will be. The closer to the event, the hotel prices will be going up. I plan on booking my hotel in about 2 months.

4. Re: French Quarter Festival 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 21 April 2013, 14:42
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: French Quarter Festival 2014

13 months prior to the event.

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
11,167 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: French Quarter Festival 2014

Kitty, It's like any other free market; it's difficult to predict in advance the exact time that rates will be lowest. Very generally speaking, 170-180 days in advance is sometimes a low point. But I've also seen rates offered 9 months in advance that never decrease, only increase.

Another alternative is to wait until less than two weeks in advance, then use the "blind" (hotel name not disclosed in advance) websites (Priceline bidding, Hotwire, etc.). Sometimes hotels have set their rates too high and then have an over supply of rooms causing very cheap last minute "blind" rates. But then again sometimes most everything is already sold, resulting in only super high rates. This technique is best used if you've decided you're going to go if you find an inexpensive room but not otherwise. Doesn't work too well if you need to commit far in advance.

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,327 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: French Quarter Festival 2014

Usually, when it comes to high demand events like this, the sooner the better. A lot of hotels won't have their schedules up yet to check pricing, but some do already. Maybe narrow down your choice of hotels, and then start watching for the pricing.

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
7,697 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: French Quarter Festival 2014

We always book in advance by at least 3 - 4 months or more. But I have a friend who got an unbelievable rate on a hotel during Jazzfest last year by booking just 3 days ahead thru Priceline. But obviously the longer you wait you are risking not getting a room.

9. Re: French Quarter Festival 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 September 2013, 01:35
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,877 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: French Quarter Festival 2014

VRBO and Homeaway rentals are illegal in the City of New Orleans for less than 30 days, or 60 days in the FQ. Be aware....the city is finally cracking down and has sent letters to homeowners explaining the law.