We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visit Louisianna

Whitesboro, Texas
1 post
Save Topic
Visit Louisianna

We are planning our trip for the middle of June, we would like to do a Swamp tour, and take in some sights in New Orleans. What is the weather usually like in June?

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
322 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visit Louisianna

Hot. Really humid.

Highs in the upper 80's, lows in the 70's. Very wet and sticky feeling.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,297 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visit Louisianna

It is definitely hot. I haven't been in June but I've been in July, August and September and it was very hot. However, being from GA it really didn't bother me or my husband that much. I would assume you'll want to have bug repellent for the swamp tour, and lots of sunscreen every day. Make sure you take sunglasses, hats, etc.

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visit Louisianna

You are from Texas. What's the weather like in Texas in June? *L*

Texas
Level Contributor
223 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visit Louisianna

The weather is very similar to an east Texas summer. More humid than what you are used to but it's really not too bad. A morning swamp tour will be much more pleasant than an afternoon one.

Fairfield Ohio
Level Contributor
183 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visit Louisianna

We're from SW Ohio and always go to NOLA towards the end of July. Have never found the heat & humidity there any worse than at home. Since you're from TX I don't think you'll even notice the heat.

6. Re: Visit Louisianna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2014, 06:18