We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rain, gators and swamp tour in October

Abbotsford, Canada
Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Rain, gators and swamp tour in October

We were planning on doing a swamp/plantation tour on our trip in October. Is rain often an issue mid month?? Mosquitos??

Has anyone done both Isabelle's and Cajun encounters?? Which one is better??

Will we see lots of wildlife in October??

Thanks for the input!!

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
10,653 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rain, gators and swamp tour in October

Kelly--We have never had rainy weather in mid October. The weather is usually gorgeous, warm, and sunny! I have also never been bitten by a mosquito in New Orleans. I know they're down there but have never been bothered! We have also done Cajun Encounters for a swamp tour and they were good! They picked us up at the hotel and dropped us off with no problems. There still should be lots of gators and wild life to look at too. They usually start becoming scarce in the colder weather. Hope you have a wonderful time!

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,648 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rain, gators and swamp tour in October

Deny has the right answers..manchac or honey island are good swamps to see.

Greenwood, Louisiana
Level Contributor
2,504 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rain, gators and swamp tour in October

As far as mosquitos-I usually attract them like a magnet, but for some reason unknown to me, I have NEVER had a bite in NOLA. I'm not complaining-maybe they smell the amount of alcohol in my system when I'm there! And the tour operators will have repellent on board, so you should be fine.

4. Re: Rain, gators and swamp tour in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2014, 06:16