We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NOLA Restaurant Week - Sept. 2013

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
259 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
NOLA Restaurant Week - Sept. 2013

We are timing our vacation so that we will be in NOLA during Restaurant Week this September. Can anyone tell me their favorite restaurants/menus that should not be missed. There are so many to choose from and we only have 1 week - so many restaurants so little time. Thanks to everyone who replies.

Sacramento
Level Contributor
286 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NOLA Restaurant Week - Sept. 2013

I sent you a private message, because my post would be too long. It is from a document that I keep and give to friends that are traveling to NOLA.

Enjoy!

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
259 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NOLA Restaurant Week - Sept. 2013

I read it and appreciate it. Only a few of your recommendations are actually participating in Restaurant Week. I will be sure to put them on my list. This will be our 2nd time there and we did visit a couple two of the restaurants on your list i.e. NOLA and Muriels both were amazing. We were actually there during the Revillion Dinners at Xmas and boy did they put on a spread. Thank you so much for the list. I have printed out a copy which I will take with me in Sept. Love the city cannot wait to get back there. It is one of the most unique places I have ever been to. Thanks again.

New Orleans
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: NOLA Restaurant Week - Sept. 2013

Gotta love someone who plans their vacation around food.

In all honesty, it's a solid list of restaurants. I live here, and there aren't but one or two that I wouldn't be thrilled to eat in. If you have questions about specific restaurants, let me know.

Here's a GREAT resource for eating in New Orleans. I use it all the time: nomenu.com

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
259 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: NOLA Restaurant Week - Sept. 2013

We ALWAYS plan our vacations around food. My husband was a chef in Coral Gables, FL for many years and we both love to cook and entertain. Thanks for not judging me. You left out which restaurants on the list you would not go to.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,450 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: NOLA Restaurant Week - Sept. 2013

Where's the list? Link, please? Being a foodie myself, I'd be happy to comment. :)

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
259 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: NOLA Restaurant Week - Sept. 2013

The official 2013 is not out yet but I have been told that it will be almost identical to last year's list. The link is listed below:

www.welivetoeatnola.com/restaurant-week/

Thanks for your help.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,582 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: NOLA Restaurant Week - Sept. 2013

I guess of the usual I'd pick Mr. B's, Pelican Club, Drago's (chargrilled oysters), and maybe Galatoire's

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
259 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: NOLA Restaurant Week - Sept. 2013

Thanks. We ate at Pelican Club two years ago during the Revillion Menu in December. It was one of the best meals we had in NOLA. I have heard many things about Mr. B's from this forum and had them on my list. Drago's fire truck was featured on The Food Network and their oysters looked amazing. Thanks for your suggestions. I have always wanted to try Galatoire's since it is an institution. I also thought Commander's Palace menu looked pretty good too.

Florida
Level Contributor
38 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: NOLA Restaurant Week - Sept. 2013

Hi, could you please email your private list of restaurant recommendations to me as well? Thank you so much

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
45 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: NOLA Restaurant Week - Sept. 2013

Thanks for the reminder, I wasn't aware of what the dates were and totally forgot about restaurant week. I hope I can make a trip back to NOLA for that!