We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

effect of Easter 2014

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
sydney
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Topic
effect of Easter 2014

Hi.

We are scheduled to embark in New Orleans on a cruise on Easter Saturday 19 April 2014 and plan to have 2 full days in New Orleans prior to that and one day at the end, flying in from Australia via San Francisco. We cannot afford more time to do justice to all stops as we would like, but were wondering about Good Friday 18 April, apart from churches will much be open? We may be able to start our trip one day earlier with the object of arriving in New Orleans one day earlier. Thanks.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: effect of Easter 2014

Most things will be open as usual. We were there this year and I don't remember anything being closed. There are a few parades on Easter Sunday that are fun, if you have a chance I'd try to catch them before the cruise.

sydney
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: effect of Easter 2014

Thanks for that, many things close back here or start opening later, although less stringent than years ago, wage costs place restrictions, however far less so in holiday destinations, my wife lived I San Francisco for 6-8 months many years ago and wants to show me the attractions, I hitched over later to LA to see her hence San Francisco is the choice, and New Orleans has always been a wish list location.

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,327 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: effect of Easter 2014

I've been there twice over Easter, and it's pretty much business as usual. The only thing that might be closed are museums and places like that. It might be Good Friday, but the party continues in the Quarter! :)

sydney
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: effect of Easter 2014

Thanks, Although it would appear that in a too brief period we can still achieve most of what we (I) want, I may still try for an extra day.

New Orleans...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: effect of Easter 2014

Most everything will be business as usual. That weekend usually has a better than average turn out with people from surrounding communities visiting the French Quarter, many of them staying over at nearby hotels. So, a full range of tourist activities should be available, including artist's markets and tour companies...

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,574 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: effect of Easter 2014

business as unusual except museums etc. being closed Sunday/Monday.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
51,244 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: effect of Easter 2014

Pretty sure most museums are open Easter Sunday, but closed as usual on Monday

8. Re: effect of Easter 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 March 2015, 05:16