We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are certain weekdays better than others?

Level Contributor
107 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Are certain weekdays better than others?

We will be visiting over the weekend of Nov 8 & 9th. We want to stay 5 or 6 nights. Are there days/nights of the week that are better than others? Should we come in on Thurs & leave on Tues. Or come in on Wed and leave on Mon?

This is a girl's vacation to celebrate our 50th birthdays. We will spend most of Fri & Sat in the quarter and do our sightseeing on the other days.

The price on our flights and hotel even out so our decision is not going to be based on price.

Bossier City, LA
Level Contributor
2,974 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are certain weekdays better than others?

I would come in on Wednesday and leave on Monday. There are a few (but not many) places that are closed on Mondays. Also, Wednesday evening will be livelier than Monday evening.

Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
57,743 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are certain weekdays better than others?

Couple of things to consider for that weekend would be the home Saints game against the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday the 10th at night., which should make for an interesting atmosphere around town. And Monday the 11th is Veteran's Day. While a lot of private sector employees don't get that day off, a lot of folks do, and you might find things a bit more crowded than usual between those two events.

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
Level Contributor
3,337 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are certain weekdays better than others?

I agree with bcla. You start to be greeted with closed signs at some places on Sunday. They continue on Monday and even Tuesday on some Magazine Street shops and other galleries. You will always find something to do on every day in New Orleans but I'd much rather visit on Thursday and Friday than Monday and Tuesday.

Orland Park...
Level Contributor
577 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are certain weekdays better than others?

I totally agree.....going into the weekend is so much better, then after the weekend....IMO

5. Re: Are certain weekdays better than others?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2014, 06:16