We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Your Input/ Recommendations Please

Cypress, Texas
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Your Input/ Recommendations Please

So after too long (over 16 months, a record for us) we head back to NOLA in 8 days, 13 hours, 36 minutes.

And counting

We normally stay in and wander around the Quarters (though a few trips have taken us to Magazine, Garden District, etc.)

This time, we’re staying just outside the FQ at the Maison DuBois. But we’re meeting 2 other couple who are staying in the heart of the FQ.

Anyway, if you had to put the below in your order of preference, what would it be:

(and feel free to put in any suggestions. We’ll see if they’re not on the list of places we’ve gone to)

1. Mr. B’s Bistro

2. Louisiana Bistro

3. Eat

4. Stanley’s

5. Olde N'awlins Cookery

6. The Italian Barrel

7. Adolfo’s

8. The Ruby Slipper Café

9. Any recommendation along Frenchmen

Thanks

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,297 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Your Input/ Recommendations Please

I've only been to Stanley and Ruby Slipper Cafe and I would definitely put Stanley ahead of Ruby Slipper. Another great breakfast place is Red Gravy, and Vacherie is another we've enjoyed, as is The Old Coffee Pot. I would DEFINITELY take Olde N'awlins Cookery off the list--they put a bunch of fake reviews on this site so I don't trust them. I think they're owned by the same people who own/run Oceana, which was on Gordon's Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares (so avoid that place.)

Our favorite food comes from Katie's Restaurant in Mid-City but our very favorite restaurant is Bacchanal Wine. We also really enjoy Bootie's for lunch/dinner and happy hour at American Sector.

AR
Level Contributor
3,583 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Your Input/ Recommendations Please

I prefer EAT and Vacherie to Stanley.

Have you tried the $20.13 lunch with .25 martinis at Antoine's, M-Sat.? Or the 3-6:00 HH at Domenica? SoBou has some nice small plates and .25 martinis, M-F.

Cypress, Texas
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Your Input/ Recommendations Please

Sincerely appreciate the info y'all

(born and raised Texan, so yes, "y'all" is a proper word :) )

Will be htting the streets of NOLA in less 48 hours!! Can't get here soon enough.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,320 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Your Input/ Recommendations Please

If you're in town this weekend, you may want to check out the Bayou Boogaloo festival on Bayou St. John.

http://thebayouboogaloo.com/

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
96 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Your Input/ Recommendations Please

I'd actually recommend The Ruby Slipper over Stanley, at least for breakfast or brunch. Stanley has a pretty limited menu and Ruby Slipper has some great breakfast options (and excellent coffee).

Red Gravy has a lot of loyal followers on the TA forums, but I didn't enjoy it very much when I tried it. However we did go back to Ruby Slipper because it was so good the first time.

6. Re: Your Input/ Recommendations Please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2014, 05:15