We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions on a rainy day in New Orleans?

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions on a rainy day in New Orleans?

Looks like we will be rained out one full day on our trip - any thoughts on what to do?

maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,167 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions on a rainy day in New Orleans?

This would be a great day for the WWII Museum, The IMAX , Mardi Gras World or the Katrina exhibit.

Grab an umbrella and go out and about anyway!

Kansas City
Level Contributor
5,990 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions on a rainy day in New Orleans?

I agree with Cate, also should mention live music starts around 1:00 if not earlier on Bourbon Street. The Tropical Isle at the corner of Bourbon & Toulose will be lively, about 4:00 I would be headed to The Funky Pirate,727 Bourbon to hear Mark Penton & The Pentones. Just writing this makes me soooo wish I was there, rain or not.

Mitchell, South...
Level Contributor
3,140 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions on a rainy day in New Orleans?

Cooking class, Insectarium, Aquarium, explore the French Market, riverboat ride on the Natchez, gamble at Harrahs, streetcar ride on St Charles St, other museums.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,297 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions on a rainy day in New Orleans?

There's a Civil War museum, the two museums on either side of St Louis Cathedral (Cabildo and Presbytere), the Old US Mint museum right at the end of the French Market, the Backstreet Cultural Museum in the Treme, the House of Dance and Feathers museum in the Lower 9th Ward and a pharmacy museum (either on Royal or Chartres)

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,409 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggestions on a rainy day in New Orleans?

All of the above. Find a bar stool that's comfy and watch it rain.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Suggestions on a rainy day in New Orleans?

Thanks all! Great!

7. Re: Suggestions on a rainy day in New Orleans?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 May 2014, 06:18