We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
philly
Level Contributor
338 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay

We are planning on going the end of June so I would like a Hotel with an outdoor pool. Hotel Monteleone or The Roosevelt? Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
7,587 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay

I haven't stayed at either but I would choose Hotel Monteleone based on location.

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,327 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay

Same here

Texas
Level Contributor
223 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay

Agreed, the Monteleone is awesome! Beautiful grand old hotel, fantastic location on Royal, and an excellent roof top pool.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,646 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay

Big pools at Bourbon Orleans, The Four Points by Sheraton, The Omni Royal Orleans (rooftop) and The Royal Sonesta. Small pools at Le Marais, PDA, Hotel St. Marie, Dauphine Orleans.

For me it would be a toss up between The Omni Royal Orleans and The Royal Sonesta, which has probably my favorite pool. From my memory, both The Monteleone and The Roosevelt's pools are not very large.

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
11,058 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay

In my opinion, Omni Royal Orleans has the best overall location and pool in the City. There is quite a bit of room size and feature disparity, but the website does a pretty good job of classifying the rooms. Since I put emphasis on location, it would be my choice.

Hotel Monteleone, built in the 1880s, is a well located grande dame with beautiful classic lobby, nice pool, and the very cool Carousel Lounge. Being in an older building, the typical rooms are rather small, but there are upgrade options.

The Roosevelt location is across the street from a corner of the French Quarter, not the best location for the typical visitor, but generally acceptable, and favorable for someone having destinations within that area. The pool is nice but not particularly outstanding. The lobby is very large and grand. The typical room at Roosevelt will be larger and better appointed than the typical room at Omni Orleans or Monteleone. The Roosevelt houses the very nice and fun Sazerac Bar, and the upscale but casual Domenica restaurant (one of my faves).

philly
Level Contributor
338 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay

Awesome replies!! Thanks so much.

7. Re: Where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2014, 06:18