We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Music on Bourbon

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Music on Bourbon

My husband and I are staying at the Hotel St. Marie in June, and want to know if anyone has any recommendations of great places to see music within easy walking distance. We are 1/2 block from Bourbon St. Thanks!

Jen

Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
2,325 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Music on Bourbon

For starters, Preservation Hall, Fritzel's European Jazz Pub, Irvin Mayfield's Jazz Playhouse in the Royal Sonesta Hotel, Tropical Isle, Krazy Korner, Famous Door, Maison Bourbon, Funky Pirate One Eyed Jack's (on Toulouse St.) To find out who's playing where before you get there see the Offbeat.com listings offbeat.com/new-orleans-concert-listings/. Once there you can also pick up a copy of the Offbeat newspaper. WWOZ also has a good live music calender wwoz.org/new-orleans-community/music-calendar

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,396 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Music on Bourbon

There's all kinds of great music on Bourbon, and Soulcat has given you about the best. The great thing about Bourbon is you can just walk up and down, stand in a doorway to listen to see if you like the music and then just step on in. Stay for a bit and go on to the next spot.

Lewes, Delaware
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Music on Bourbon

Finding music on Bourbon is not a problem. The problem is choosing what band to see and hear; there are so many. It is possibly easiest to simply follow your ears.

Mitchell, South...
Level Contributor
2,927 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Music on Bourbon

Pat O'Brien's has 2 entrances, one on Bourbon mid 600 block between Krazy Korner and Tropical Isle. The other on St Peter St next to Preservation Hall. I really enjoy the dueling piano bar in Pat O's. The Bayou Club is adjacent to the Tropical Isle and has decent Cajun/ Zydeco music. I enjoy Brandon Moreau with Cajun Grass, usually on weekends.

Kansas City
Level Contributor
5,990 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Music on Bourbon

All things being relative, what kind of music do you like?

My personal favorite is Funky Pirate, 727 Bourbon Street for Blues. From Ste Marie, go half a block to Bourbon, turn right and walk 3 blocks.

Mitchell, South...
Level Contributor
2,927 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Music on Bourbon

KansCityKid Hope you mean turn left and walk 3 blocks ;)

Kansas City
Level Contributor
5,990 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Music on Bourbon

Duh, you are exactly right

Edited: 17 May 2013, 02:44
8. Re: Music on Bourbon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2014, 06:19