We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jax Brewery

Salt Lake City, UT
Level Contributor
60 posts
585 reviews
Save Topic
Jax Brewery

Is this place in full operation? What about the dining options, especially the ones listed in the food court? We're looking for a place to crash for a while and enjoy a casual burger or sandwich in this area. Would this be a good choice?

Swamp Boat Adventure and Plantations...
720 reviews
from US$176.00*
Steamboat Natchez Jazz Dinner Cruise
952 reviews
from US$48.00*
New Orleans Swamp Tour by Boat
133 reviews
from US$56.00*
Special Offer
New Orleans Ghost, Voodoo, and...
461 reviews
from US$14.99*
US$26.50
Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,411 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jax Brewery

Yes, the complex is open 7 days a week. There's a few shops for shopping, dining (restaurants and food court), and a great place to use the bathroom facilities and get into some air conditioning. Here's their website

http://jacksonbrewery.com/index.html

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
10,656 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jax Brewery

Saxeygirl--For a casual burger you could look into Yo Mama's on St Peter Street. Totally delicious food, bar atmosphere, and casual. They have a peanut butter burger with baked potato that is truly amazingly good.

I have only eaten at the Gumbo Pot at/near Jax Brewery and the food wasn't that special. So I have never ventured any further into the food area over there.

Texas
Level Contributor
223 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jax Brewery

I would not plan a meal here at all - typical mall food court. Too many really great casual places in the quarter to eat at the mall. The only reason we ever stop in is to visit the nice clean restrooms and soak up a little a/c while out walking. Occasionally we'll grab a soda and sit out on the deck overlooking the river. It's most definitely not on my must-do list though.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
703 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jax Brewery

Decent beer and decent pub-style food but if you care about food I'm told you wouldnt really like their food. Really looking to try Crescent City Brewery next time...somehow i missed it before.

Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
2,326 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jax Brewery

Nothing at Jax stands out food wise. I second the vote for Yo Mama's. Here are some other burger choices in the French Quarter. http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=burgers&find_loc=New+Orleans%2C+LA&ns=1#l=p:LA:New_Orleans::French_Quarter FYI, I put Yo Mama's way ahead of Port of Call. I've never heard of St. Lawrence (#10 on the list), but the Turducken burger sounds good.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,705 posts
2,263 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jax Brewery

Had drinks on the deck Thursday--nice view of the Mississippi.

Salt Lake City, UT
Level Contributor
60 posts
585 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jax Brewery

Thank you for your help. Sounds like we have lots of options. I appreciate you taking the time to answer.

8. Re: Jax Brewery

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2014, 05:19