We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a B&B or guest house with no stairs in FQ

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
3 posts
Save Topic
Looking for a B&B or guest house with no stairs in FQ

Traveling with elderly parents who prefer no stairs at a B&B or Guest House and just an easy stroll to the FQ

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,327 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a B&B or guest house with no stairs in FQ

There aren't any B&B's in the Quarter itself, everything is outside and if walking is a bit of an issue, might not be the best plan for your parents. There are many boutiques hotels in the Quarter that feel like B&B/guesthouse's and they have main floor rooms, many opening unto courtyards.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,875 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a B&B or guest house with no stairs in FQ

There are a FEW B&Bs and guest houses in the French Quarter but they had to have been in business since 1990 or before, when the law prohibiting new lodging in the FQ went into effect. I don't know about stairs at each but you should check out (among others I can't recall right now) Gentry House, Royal Barracks, or Biscuit Palace.

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
6,926 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a B&B or guest house with no stairs in FQ

Our unit had a couple of steps up. 4 blocks to Jackson Sq

http://www.gentryhouse.com/

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,297 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a B&B or guest house with no stairs in FQ

I think there are rooms at The Biscuit Palace on the first floor. Hotel Villa Convento is very "guesthouse-like" to me and they have a cute little elevator. We've also stayed at the Royal Barracks Guest House and there are no stairs there except for just a few to actually get into the house--I definitely recommend getting the suite there. The Bourgoyne House MAY have rooms on the first floor as well. All of these places are in the FQ.

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
14,685 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a B&B or guest house with no stairs in FQ

I believe that Place d'Arms and Hotel Provencial both have room that are accessed without stairs - they aren't guest houses or B&Bs, but they are hotels with character.

Jeanerette...
Level Contributor
39 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for a B&B or guest house with no stairs in FQ

Lafitte's Guest House is a 3 story guest house that does have an elevator. It is recently renovated. I have stayed here numerous times since the renovations and it is a fabulous place to stay. It is located on Bourbon but in a quiet location.

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
20,845 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for a B&B or guest house with no stairs in FQ

Yes, the Biscuit Palace Guest House several guest suites on the first floor. You choose a specific suite when you book, so you will know what you are getting. Booking is done by phone or email, so you can confirm that you have first floor accommodations. There is a nice central courtyard.

The FQ location is great and it's not too noisy as it's on a quieter side street between Bourbon and Royal (Dumaine)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,614 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for a B&B or guest house with no stairs in FQ

For sure the Hotel Provincial has rooms that you can access without stairs. Like November said it's not a B&B but it is a beautiful, old hotel with lots of charm!

Edited: 24 May 2013, 00:13
Springfield...
Level Contributor
18 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for a B&B or guest house with no stairs in FQ

If you can walk just a little try "The Little Eazy" guest house. Just like your own 2 bedroom house and is 1 1/2 blocks off Bourbon St.

New York City, New...
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for a B&B or guest house with no stairs in FQ

Thank you to everyone who responded - very helpful !