We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bread Pudding

Concord NC
Level Contributor
540 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Bread Pudding

We are coming down Thursday and we are staying at the Hilton next to Harrah's. Where is the best bread pudding within walking distance?

Best Seller
Swamp Boat Adventure and Plantations...
706 reviews
from US$176.00*
Best Seller
Steamboat Natchez Jazz Dinner Cruise
941 reviews
from US$48.00*
Best Seller
New Orleans Swamp Tour by Boat
114 reviews
from US$56.00*
Special Offer
Natchez Harbor Steamboat Cruise with...
577 reviews
from US$34.00*
US$46.00
Houma, Louisiana
Destination Expert
for Houma
Level Contributor
656 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bread Pudding

The bread pudding at Ruth chris is pretty awesome

AR
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bread Pudding

white chocolate bread pudding at Palace Café on Canal

cherry bread budding at SoBou on Chartres

Bread Pudding at Verti Mart (take out) on Royal

AND a short streetcar ride to Commander's Palace for under $20 lunch with .25 martinis , M-F, and bread pudding souffle

Gretna, Louisiana
Level Contributor
96 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Bread Pudding

The Royal House Oyster bar at 441 Royal has an incredible bread pudding.

Mitchell, South...
Level Contributor
3,131 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bread Pudding

Orleans Grapevine has wonderful bread pudding.

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
6,130 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bread Pudding

I'm planning to try the bread pudding at every restaurant we visit when in NOLA for 10 days in October -- including Commander's, Boucherie, Verti Marte, among others. After I've gone through 25 or more, I'll be writing the "definitive" guide to NOLA's bread puddings. I'll accept pre-publication orders now. LOL!!!

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
10,654 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bread Pudding

I can't wait for your report John! Sounds like it's going to be a good one. I wish I had something to add but I don't like bread pudding. The one at The Nola School of Cooking is the only one I can eat some of--because the sauce they make for it is delicious! Happy hunting y'all!!

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,142 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bread Pudding

John, I think you should hook up with Rodent to co-author your book...she can go thru 25 or more in a day! LOL! She's in transit right now moving to NOLA, and I don't think she's been on TA for awhile because of it, or she'd be ALL OVER this thread!!!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
582 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bread Pudding

I have done progressive meals in NOLA that ended up at Palace Cafe for the delicious white chocolate bread pudding. I also like the bread pudding at Lil' Dizzy's Cafe on Esplanade - although their fried chicken was good, I didn't like the overall quality of the food there last time I ate their in January.

Florida
Level Contributor
648 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bread Pudding

The Bon Ton Cafe is near the corner of Poydras and Magazine, just a couple of blocks up from you. They have great bread pudding and wonderful cajun/creole food. Better go quickly though they are only open weekdays, closed Sat & Sun.

Kansas City
Level Contributor
5,990 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bread Pudding

Red Fish Grill, (125 Bourbon Street- very near Canal), has my fav, "Double Chocolate Bread Pudding with Dark and White Chocolate Sauce, positively sinful!

Also want to second the suggestions for Royal House, (a place we really like that is seldom mentioned on this forum), and Orleans Grapevine. Both are delicious.

Edited: 20 June 2013, 16:14