We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How about the Esplanade area for a self-guided tour?

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
11 posts
Save Topic
How about the Esplanade area for a self-guided tour?

OK, now that you've convinced me to go the self-guided tour route (no pun intended!), I'm looking at the Esplanade tour in Frommer's. I haven't seen too many posts on this particular tour but we will have a car that day & plan on being in the City Park area for a few hours. Would appreciate your feedback!

Free Tours by Foot
Bike Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Ghost & Vampire Tours, Food Tours
The Voodoo Bone Lady Haunted Tours
Cultural Tours, Ghost & Vampire Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Two Chicks Walking Tours
Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Buzz Nola Bike Tours and Rentals
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Bike Tours, Equipment Hire, Historical & Heritage Tours
AR
Level Contributor
3,596 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How about the Esplanade area for a self-guided tour?

Esplanade is a beautiful area with many old, historic homes and some interesting history. Safe walking all the way to the Quarter during the daylight. Unless you just want to rent a car, the city bus runs along Esplanade from the edge of the Quarter to the corner of City Park.

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,411 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How about the Esplanade area for a self-guided tour?

Didn't realize Frommer's had a tour for Esplanade. Txs for mentioning it.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,391 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: How about the Esplanade area for a self-guided tour?

This IS a very beautiful area. My son hopes to live there one day.

maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,173 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How about the Esplanade area for a self-guided tour?

We have walked up and down Esplanade from Rampart to the river and it is beautiful with very interesting homes. Did not know there was a tour but I would certainly be willing to do it on my own.

AR
Level Contributor
3,596 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How about the Esplanade area for a self-guided tour?

The other direction (Rampart to City Park) is also beautiful....long walk, but very historic. Great small restaurants and bars along the way. One can catch the bus back to the Quarter from City Park or take the streetcar back to Canal St.

6. Re: How about the Esplanade area for a self-guided tour?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2014, 05:17