We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best place to stay for handicapped person

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
USA
2 posts
Save Topic
best place to stay for handicapped person

Had knee surgery, planning a trip which I hope will be memorable for myself and 3 children 20-22-23 3 months after loosing my husband their father. I am hoping to have fun, and make sur e it is a lasting memory. I am thinking of Drury, Hotel Provincial, Hotel St. Marie, Staybridge, Springhill. Need advice, need a place to stay that has easy access to public transportation.

Thank you so much!

Cathy

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
11,289 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best place to stay for handicapped person

What particular attractions are of interest to you? Public transportation to where?

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
10,627 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best place to stay for handicapped person

Cathy--I am madly in love with The Hotel Provincial but it is in the lower end of the Quarter and not as centrally located in the Quarter. The Bourbon Orleans is smack dab in the middle of the Quarter and they prolly have much more Pedi Cab traffic too. Those things are great to get around in, in case you get tired and your knee hurts. There are taxis as well if you want to go further out of the Quarter.

SOOOOO Sorry to hear about your loss. I hope you and the kids have a great time in New Orleans and make some nice, new memories :)

Edited: 30 June 2013, 13:52
Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,327 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best place to stay for handicapped person

The Place D'Armes also has a fabulous location, just at the corner of Jackson Square. It's a lovely boutique style hotel. Just a heads up though, a lot of the hotels in the Quarter won't have elevators in all of their buildings, so when making your reservation, explain about your knee so you can either have a ground floor room or one in a building with an elevator. My deepest sympathies.

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,086 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best place to stay for handicapped person

my sympathies as well to you and your kids. NOLA is a place to celebrate both life and death. You've made a great choice. Like Den, I'm a big fan of the Hotel Provincial, which also has 4 special handicapped rooms (main floor, building 5, private sitting area) in the event you have a walker or wheelchair as a result of your surgery. Pedicabs truly are a great way to get around, and can be called from the front desk if you need them. Whatever you choose, please have a good time and remember, life is great, but NOBODY gets out of it alive! We just meet on the other side. :)

Edited: 30 June 2013, 19:57
5. Re: best place to stay for handicapped person

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2014, 06:19