We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just checking in

Cliff Island, Maine
Level Contributor
3,356 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Just checking in

This year we are taking our vacation to Punta Cana instead of NOLA so I've been all over the Punta Cana forum with our 6 year old daughter. It's SO different than this forum. Since most people go to their mega resort and never leave if a topic doesn't address your resort than you just move past it. With NOLA I am interested in most every topic in the forum. I'm very excited to visit an island paradise but I also can't wait to come back to NOLA later in the year. Stay cool guys!

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
10,653 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just checking in

We will definitely miss seeing you in October Paul but hope you and your family will enjoy your trip!!!!!

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,136 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just checking in

same here Paul...it's gonna be a great FlokFest3...so sorry you'll be missing it!!!!

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,409 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just checking in

Hey! If you have to miss going to NO, going to a fabulous beach is the only good reason.

Cliff Island, Maine
Level Contributor
3,356 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just checking in

To my surprise the Dominican is a huge destination for Canadians. Oh and topless beaches so it will remind me somewhat of Bourbon St.

Poland, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,752 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just checking in

paul--we're from the same neck of the woods and I've been to punta cana 4x. it's very different than new orleans in that your resort is an important issue. where are you staying? when I go to ai resorts --eat drink and be merry--laid back/do nothing.

the beaches are absolutely beautiful.

please do not drink the water in your rooms---they provide bottled water--brush your teeth with it. the hotel itself will have purified water so at the bars/restaurants you are okay. also bring wash cloths if you use them in the shower. it is hit or miss with that so just bring 'em--it will save you the aggregation of trying to get them(for some reason they don't use them in the resorts much).bring ones to tip as these people work hard to make you happy and the ai tip for a person that they say are included is 23 cents a day.

enjoy the Dominicans---they are a beautiful people. however when going to the flea markets--the vendors can be quite aggressive--just say noif you are not interested and barter if you are---I just remember that these people are not trying to put cadillacs in their garages---merely making a living--a different culture.

finally have a blast---new Orleans will be waiting for you---I love Puerto Vallarta and am blessed to be able to try new destinations like Puerto plata in the Dominican republic next week

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just checking in

Paul, great to see you post, I've been wondering where you were. Enjoy your vacation and do let me know when you're back to NOLA, we'll finally meet for that long-overdue drink. I now work at the hotel you often stay at (not named so that it doesn't sound like promotion), though only one day a week for starters.

7. Re: Just checking in

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2014, 05:16