We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel with Free Parking during cruise

missouri
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel with Free Parking during cruise

We will be leaving on a cruise in December and I am looking for a good, clean hotel that offers free parking for the duration of the cruise with a shuttle to the cruiseport. I would appreciate any help finding one. Thanks

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
11,799 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel with Free Parking during cruise

Is a location which would allow for your enjoyment of New Orleans itself important?

missouri
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel with Free Parking during cruise

I would enjoy being close enough to walk to attractions, but it's not absolutely necessary.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,241 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel with Free Parking during cruise

I don't think there are any hotels with free parking in New Orleans. How long is your cruise? If nothing else, I would query Google on this. There may be something somewhere.

missouri
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel with Free Parking during cruise

We are going to be gone for 7 nights. I have found a few with free parking packages but they all seem to be booked already. So, I am still looking.

AR
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel with Free Parking during cruise

I have friends who stayed at the Quality Inn in Gretna before a cruise in April. The hotel shuttle took them to the Algier's ferry to cross the river. At that point, they walked all over the Quarter, CBD, etc. took the ferry back across the river, the shuttle picked them up, took them back to the hotel and then to the port the next a.m. If you get into town early enough, that might work. Be sure to check on the ferry hours though, they have been reduced to an earlier "last ferry" to Algiers.

AR
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel with Free Parking during cruise

Should have said they parked their car at the hotel for free while on the cruise. Of course, be sure to check that nothing has changed in the hotel policies since April.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
768 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel with Free Parking during cruise

I want to say that the cruise terminal offers parking for only $10/day. Obviously not free, but in the scheme of things, not much money at all. Especially if it gives you the chance to enjoy New Orleans.

missouri
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel with Free Parking during cruise

Thanks, I will check with them. I had looked at that hotel but was worried about the distance to other places. The ferry would fix that. Did your friends say if they liked the hotel alright? Thanks for all your help.

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
10,652 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel with Free Parking during cruise

Just be careful with the ferry's hours since they've changed them Bookworm. The last ferry back to Algiers Point leaves at 6:45 PM. The ferry now runs from 7 AM to 7 PM only. Hopefully that won't last but you never know.

According to the article on Nola.com written by Paul Purpura:

"On Mondays through Thursdays, the ferry will be operated from 7:15 a.m. to 6:45 p.m. The final ferry leaves Algiers Point at 6:15 p.m., and the final ferry from Canal Street departs at 6:30 p.m.

On Fridays, the ferry will be operated from 7:15 a.m. to 8:15 p.m. The final trip from Algiers Point will be at 7:45 p.m., and from Canal Street at 8 p.m.

On Saturdays, the ferry will be operated from 10:45 a.m. to 8:15 p.m. The final trip from Algiers Point will be 7:45 p.m., and from Canal Street at 8 p.m.

On Sundays, the ferry will be operated from 10:45 a.m. to 6:15 p.m., with the last ferry leaving Algiers Point at 5:45 p.m., and from Canal Street at 6 p.m.

On the Fourth of July, which is Thursday, the ferry will run from 7:15 a.m. to 10:15 p.m., with the final boat leaving Algiers Point at 9:45 p.m., and the final boat leaving Canal Street at 10 p.m. The same schedule will be in effect for the weekly summer concert series, Wednesdays on the Point, which goes through the end of July."

Edited: 07 July 2013, 00:02
Maryland
Level Contributor
1,189 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel with Free Parking during cruise

Up at the airport, Hilton Doubletree and Holiday Inn Metarie offer stay and park pakages (up to 14 days parking), but you'd still need a taxi down to the ship, as I assume their shuttles only go to the airport.