We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Orleans' Century+ Restaurants

Bangor, Maine
Level Contributor
207 posts
1 review
Save Topic
New Orleans' Century+ Restaurants

I remember reading a list of the "Century+" restaurants in New Orleans a few years back, but can not find it anywhere online. Has anybody on here seen a list of the city's restaurants that are over 100 years old? Thanks in advance!

Carey

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: New Orleans' Century+ Restaurants

Your big three old grand dame's are Arnaud's, Antoine's and Galatoire's. I would steer clear of Antoine's, personally. It's been on cruise control for decades.

AR
Level Contributor
3,592 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Orleans' Century+ Restaurants

Actually Antoine's 3 course $20.13 lunch with .25 martinis is quite good. They will also give you a free tour of all the rooms in the restaurant. Fascinating.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: New Orleans' Century+ Restaurants

The rooms are great. We'll have to agree to disagree about the food being worth anything. It's sad to see its current state.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,634 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: New Orleans' Century+ Restaurants

I have an awesome Antoines memory. 1985 or so went there for dinner on Lundi gras night. Were sat in the Rex room. Next thing you know Rex and his entourage we sat at a table next to us. My wife went over and genuflected next to him as he signed an Antoines menu. He later came to our table and set a stack of Rex doubloons on it and said here's a headstart for tomorrow for you

It was pretty cool to say the least

AR
Level Contributor
3,592 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Orleans' Century+ Restaurants

Sorry you feel that way. I go there at least once a month. Why not let the OP's decide for themselves?

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,613 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Orleans' Century+ Restaurants

Agree with skt...really enjoy antoines...ad th wonderful lunchspecilal two eees ao.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: New Orleans' Century+ Restaurants

You said that Antoine's was good, I said that Antoine's was bad. I don't see how anyone isn't letting the OP decide for themself.

My opinion is that it is a shell of its former self and lives off of Carnival Season, tourists and rehearsal dinners. If the OP wants to go, more power to him/her.

8. Re: New Orleans' Century+ Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2014, 06:18