We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rodent and SoBou

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,528 posts
Save Topic
Rodent and SoBou

Met up with Rodent her husband and friends yesterday at SoBou on Chartres. Had a yummy dark and stormy and an awesome tuna tartare appetizer along with som excellent gumbo. Charming place even more charming company. Thank you Rodent for sharing your time with me. Such delightful people. Love people that love Nola!

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
10,624 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rodent and SoBou

Glad you had a good time with good people Bobby!

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,082 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rodent and SoBou

amen to that! Rodent is pretty amazing (and like Soulcat, has an abundance of energy that is endless...I'm envious of that, since I tend to "peter out" about 10 pm!) Haven't met Mr. Rodent yet...looking forward to that!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,031 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Rodent and SoBou

Herm & Deny, you both need to be on facebook and friend Rodent. She posts throughout the day & evening all of the delicious dishes she's enjoyed, also cocktails & desserts. Love it! I think she needs to compile it all in a picture book!

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,082 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rodent and SoBou

LOL, etude! Facebook is someplace I will probably never be...I'll wait for Rodent's book! :)

Edited: 28 July 2013, 20:20
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rodent and SoBou

Bobby, it was wonderful to meet you and yes, you *are* very funny. The lovely friends who were with us were this forum's own Bcla and Mr Bcla, by the way. :)

I'm glad you enjoyed SoBou. I've got to love this place in the short time it's been around and those tuna tartar and ice cream cones are just amazing.

Remember about the plum or lychee saketini at Yuki Izakaya on Frenchmen and frozen Irish coffee at Molly's at the Market. By the way, Mr Rodent and I are planning to be at Molly's some time after I get off work (which should be after 11 pm, unless I have some late check-in at work, in which case it will be more midnight-ish) to try that new pop-up place that Highway 61 mentioned, Dis Taco. And I'm here at work at the VC until then. But if we don't get to meet again this time, I'm looking forward to hearing back from you and showing you around the Bywater next time you're in town. :)

Etude - thanks. Unfortunately, the fact I'm so good at dining out is a side effect of the fact I'm totally hopeless at the other thing - cooking. Knowing that Herm is an excellent cook herself, I have no doubt she's in food paradise without my pictures. :)

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,082 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rodent and SoBou

oh, but Rodent...I'd STILL love your pictures!!!! maybe someday I'll be able to cook a meal for you and Mr Rodent at YOUR place!!!!

Ontario Can.
Level Contributor
2,265 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Rodent and SoBou

We were just there last Tuesday evening and the "tuna Cones" are delish. Actually all of the food we sampled was great. Their prices are very rasonable for a highly rated restaurant. The only downfall in my opinion is the modern decor. The thousands of glass bottles is just not my style. However I am sure others will like it. The pork cracklin' as a starter with cajun cheese sauce was something we could have made a meal out of. As Emeril says, "Pork fat rules". I only hope it was calorie free. lol.

8. Re: Rodent and SoBou

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2014, 06:18