We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Verti Marte

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Allentown...
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Verti Marte

As Verti Marte is take-out only, are there any places nearby to sit and eat their food? Park benches, whatever. Thanks for any info.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,297 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Verti Marte

It is take-out only--a very tiny, crowded convenience store. I would go to Jackson Square or Armstrong Park to eat. Armstrong Park is about 7 blocks away and Jackson Square is about 5. Short blocks too, not long ones. The riverfront is also an option, just a little further from Jackson Square. There are also a few benches near the French Market, 2-3 blocks from Verti Marte.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,574 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Verti Marte

Try the small park between the french market and the gazebo cafe.

Allentown...
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Verti Marte

Thanks much.

Toronto, Ontario...
Level Contributor
11,060 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Verti Marte

kayak, they also deliver: 504-525-4767 and it's 24/7 :)

Montreal
Level Contributor
555 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Verti Marte

there's also washington square park right after elysian fields that is very nice and close by. it's a really cute green space that is less crowded than jackson square and about the same distance in the other direction. I think it might even be closer. it's either at the corner of royal or dauphine(spans the 2 streets). you can sit on the grass under the mix of oak and palm trees or on a bench or even a saddle swing. :)

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,977 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Verti Marte

Glad to hear the recommendation for Washington Square. We were planning to get sandwiches from Verti Marte and have a picnic there before hitting the clubs on Frenchmen during our October visit. It appears to be really convenient to Snug Harbor, Spotted Cat, dba et al.

Mystic, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Verti Marte

You can cross Decatur only a couple blocks over on St. Phillip to get to park benches on the Mississippi. Don't have to go all the way to Jackson Square. That is my favorite Central Grocery picnic area.

Montreal
Level Contributor
555 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Verti Marte

OregonJohn97338, it's literally a hop skip and a jump away from frenchmen and a great little green space. we sat on a bench in the shade with our own po boy on our last day...we had fun watching a guy practice his dance skills on the grass. :)

Arlington, TX
Destination Expert
for Fort Worth
Level Contributor
2,480 posts
517 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Verti Marte

I won't lie, there've been times where we just found a stoop and hoped the owners didn't come home because we couldn't wait!!! We do walk to the little park by across from Margaritaville most of the time or have them deliver to our room or pick up on the way back to the room if we're already on that end and it's late.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,615 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Verti Marte

We usually get Verti Marte to deliver to our hotel and they don't have a problem with that! I LOVE them and we usually eat there once or twice every visit!