We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Route 12 a Good Alternate to 10

Elverson
Level Contributor
131 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Is Route 12 a Good Alternate to 10

Moving from GA to San Antonino so saving miles is important. Does It make sense to avoid NO on 10 by taking 12W and then picking up 10 in Baton Rouge? It looks good on the map.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
768 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Route 12 a Good Alternate to 10

Yes, going through New Orleans would take longer and be counterproductive. Take 12 West and meet 10 in Baton Rouge.

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
7,305 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Route 12 a Good Alternate to 10

PLUS Danny and Clydes at I12 and highway 59 is a great pit stop..interesting deli..usually have a shrimp po-boy. You can buy Hubig fried pies there.

Or stop at Bass Pro shop at Denham Springs!

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
205 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Route 12 a Good Alternate to 10

YES! I know it's New Orleans, but I loathe how DOTD doesn't have signs up in Baton Rouge saying I-12 TO MISSISSIPPI or in Slidell saying I-12 TO TEXAS, something that alerts motorists that if they really don't want to stop in NOLA as they are simply passing thru and want to save nearly an hour depending on the traffic, then I-12 is the better option. Logic says look at a map, but most people know that I-10 is the coast-to-coast highway and have no idea about I-12. I-12 is a pretty busy road though as well. I think eventually it will need to be six laned all the way across the northshore. But it beats heading thru NOLA only to get stuck on the Bonne Carre because of another wreck, especially if you don't intend to stop in NOLA to begin with.

Hope your trip goes well.

4. Re: Is Route 12 a Good Alternate to 10

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2014, 07:19