We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Happy hour menu choice?

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,957 posts
376 reviews
Save Topic
Happy hour menu choice?

On one of our Fridays in Nola this October we'll be spending most of the day in a small area of the French Quarter. Plans include lunch at SoBou, checking out a couple of bookstores on Chartres and Decatur, drinks at the Chart Room and Carousel Bar. We don't expect to be hungry enough for a big dinner, plus we'd like to save a few bucks with a happy hour menu. We've narrowed our choices to Dickie Brennan's Steakhouse and Mr. B's Bistro -- both places are close by our other activities and their menus each look inviting. Any preferences among you happy hour devotees?

BTW, we're doing Domenica's happy hour earlier in our stay, so want something new. Thanks!

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,314 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Happy hour menu choice?

I would switch it around to lunch at Mr. B's and small plates at SoBou in the evening.

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,957 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Happy hour menu choice?

Does Mr. B's also have the 25 cent drinks at lunch? That was a big reason for lunch at SoBou. Thanks for any info.

AR
Level Contributor
3,577 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Happy hour menu choice?

No, Mr. B's does not have .25 martinis...in fact, I'm not sure they even have a happy hour, though they do have $3-4 drinks specials at lunch.

SoBou has a HH with $3 -$6 drinks and small plates.(that's in addition to the .25 martinis at lunch)

Hermes has a HH with $4 drinks and you can order food .

Bombay Club has $3 martinis and beer and $1 sliders for HH

Palace Café also has a 5 for $5, same as Dickie Brennan's

Vacherie has $4 wine and $3 cocktails at HH and you can order small plates.

Café Adelaide has a HH with $3-6 drinks and small plates.

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,957 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Happy hour menu choice?

So many good choices! I'm a compulsive planner and really enjoy the anticipation as I do my research. For this particular day, I may just print copies of the various lunch and happy hour (for dinner) menus and make my traveling companions decide. Take the pressure off myself, LOL!!

Mystic, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Happy hour menu choice?

It is a short walk from Canal along St. Charles to Lüke happy hour from 3-6 pm M-F. 50-cent oystahs (luv-em) and half priced cocktails and draft beer. Such a deal. Lüke is a John Besh restaurant connected to the Hilton.

Edited: 19 August 2013, 02:07
nyc
Level Contributor
152 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Happy hour menu choice?

Great idea, I was going to also post about asking for happy hour suggestions. These are all great, i am checking out menus.

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,957 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Happy hour menu choice?

Ah, if only the other three members of our party liked oysters ....

:-(

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
524 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Happy hour menu choice?

Don't deny YOURSELF the oysters if you enjoy them! There is always something else on the menu to suit the other individual tastes.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,553 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Happy hour menu choice?

Domenica has some good happy hour deals and the drinks at Mr. B's are very very good...the appetizer/bar menu at the Hermes bar is excellent and the drinks pricey but they are well made and seem like doubles.

AR
Level Contributor
3,577 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Happy hour menu choice?

But Hermes has a HH and the drinks are reasonable during those hours.