We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Odd question

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newington...
Level Contributor
405 posts
Save Topic
Odd question

I would like to get a tattoo representing NOLA. What are some good ideas?

Toronto, Ontario...
Level Contributor
11,060 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Odd question

Electric Ladyland on Frenchmen Street. Awesome artists, awesome work. Look them up to actually see the various artists and samples of their tattoos. I wouldn't go anyplace else. Not an odd question at all!

actually, I got the link for you to make it easier: http://electricladylandtattoo.com

Edited: 22 August 2013, 15:02
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,450 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Odd question

I think your question was more about what to get than where? A fleu de lis is the most common motive people bring back from their trips and every tattoo studio will have plenty of designs for you to choose from. Of course, you can personalize it by adding something of significance to you. If you contact the studio in advance, most of them will be happy to work with you on the design.

Now as for *where*, I have not been a customer of either, but I keep looking at two that I will be checking out some day. One's on Rampart and I only remember it advertises itself with the "look better naked" slogan, the other one is somewhere Uptown and I think it's called "Forbidden Art".

Lewes, Delaware
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Odd question

I second the fleur de lis; even the Saints use it for their logo.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,283 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Odd question

A mardi gras mask is kewl, too

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
660 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Odd question

Fleur de lis is a great idea...as well as the mardi gras mask. I thought some beads, tatooed around a limb or your neck might be cool too.

NOLA
Level Contributor
51 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Odd question

Fleur de lis is certainly N"warlins Darlin'! A unique lily would be nice too, or on the fun side how about a king cake baby!!! ;-) I don't think I have ever seen a kcb tattoo!! :-D

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
785 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Odd question

My wife and I got matching Fleur de lis tats from Electric Lady for our 10 year anniversary 2 years ago. I say matching but our preferred designs were a little different and we also got them on different spots on our bodies. Although my wife was very close to gettin the Mardi Gras masks.

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
14,922 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Odd question

As a die-hard 49er fan, the fleur de lis would be out for me ;-) but I think something like a mardi gras mask and some beads would be cool - or how about a skeleton playing the trumpet or sax with some notes - maybe add an oak tree into the mix, or an iron lace balcony. I guess it depends really on what you want to do and how involved - a small icon to represent the city, an entire scene, or something in between.

MN
Level Contributor
234 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Odd question

Id love to see pictures of any Tatts done in New Orleans & who did them...

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,327 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Odd question

If I ever get gutsy enough to get one, it's going to be a mardi gras mask with maybe some beads.