We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Omni Royal Crescent, Country Inns OR Dauphine Orleans?

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
803 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Omni Royal Crescent, Country Inns OR Dauphine Orleans?

We will be staying in NOLA for 4 nights in mid November. I have found rates that vary a bit:

Omni Royal Crescent - Classic Deluxe Room with King Bed $153 pr night

Country Inns & Suites - King Bed $135 pr night

Dauphine Orleans - Double Bed $125 pr night -- small bed but we are too :)

This is my first time in NOLA, hubby has been several times. We will not have a car.

I would appreciate your insights as to which you would recommend and why. If there is some place I am missing that I should consider, I would be most appreciative.

Like that the Country Inns has breakfast and Microwave and refrigerator in all rooms.

Like that the Dauphine is IN FQ and has breakfast.

Like that the Omni is a bit more luxe; dislike that it has no breakfast.

{Monteleone is more than we wanted to spend. Richelieu doesn't have room on one of the nights we need.}

Thanks~

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
803 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Omni Royal Crescent, Country Inns OR Dauphine Orleans?

LOL! I need to stop looking - add The Provencial into the mix for $125 a night for standard Queen room.

Breaux Bridge...
Level Contributor
362 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Omni Royal Crescent, Country Inns OR Dauphine Orleans?

The Omni Royal Crescent does indeed have a restaurant, but it's nothing special from the looks of it. It may be okay. When we stayed there a couple of weeks ago, we just got the breakfast beverage service available to Omni members and then went out for breakfast. There are a million places to do that in New Orleans, so why waste it on a good but not great breakfast?! From the Omni, I'd recommend Ruby Slipper, Fleur de Lys, or Red Gravy. It is not much harder than stumbling downstairs for breakfast. Remember that blocks in New Orleans are quite small and a two block walk is under two minutes.

Provincial sounds nice! If you want IN the FQ, there are lots of breakfast places: Stanley, Coffee Pot, Fleur de Lys.

Our room had a fridge and an espresso machine in the room.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,592 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Omni Royal Crescent, Country Inns OR Dauphine Orleans?

Dauphine orleans for best locationand may baileys is aneat bar there..others are out of the quarter and not as nice.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,164 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Omni Royal Crescent, Country Inns OR Dauphine Orleans?

Out of your list I would choose Provincial. Mainly for location & their quality staff. It's pretty much an all around perfect fit for most.

My other favorite is the Monteleone, even thought it's not on your list.

AR
Level Contributor
3,583 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Omni Royal Crescent, Country Inns OR Dauphine Orleans?

All the places you mentioned are fine, however, if you plan to spend most of your time in the Quarter, I would go with the Dauphine Orleans or the Provincial...they are both nice hotels and in the Quarter which will be easy for running back to the room to leave packages, taking a break, freshen up etc Can't stress enough how valuable that is.. The Dauphine is a bit closer to the streetcar lines on Canal, but the Provincial is a bit closer to Frenchmen St. if you plan to check it out. Both are close enough to Bourbon to play and far enough from Bourbon to sleep, get some quiet time. The Quarter is @ 8 short blocks X 12 short blocks, so you can walk anywhere there, CBD and Marigny are very walkable from either hotel, and you can catch a bus or streetcar to most places outside the Quarter you might want to see.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,654 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Omni Royal Crescent, Country Inns OR Dauphine Orleans?

Of the three you mentioned, I'd suggest the Dauphine Orleans (see what the rates are at the Hermann House, part of the Dauphine, but across the street from the main hotel). It is more secluded and quiet.

The Omni Royal Crescent is a very nice hotel, but across Canal St. and just out of the 'action". Haven't stayed at the Provincial, but posters here enjoy it very much. I prefer that 'end' of the FQ a bit more, as we spend most nights on Frenchmen St.

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
10,634 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Omni Royal Crescent, Country Inns OR Dauphine Orleans?

Debits--Now that the Provincial is in the mix I would go for that one in a heartbeat! I have stayed there 7 (or 8) times and I really don't want to stay any place else. The beds are the best, the staff is fantastic, there is an excellent bar on site, great residential area, continental breakfast...what's not to like?????

As mentioned in another post--that is one gorgeous pooch!!!!!!!

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,112 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Omni Royal Crescent, Country Inns OR Dauphine Orleans?

Provincial, hands down! For all of the reasons stated above (still LOVE your pooch too etude!:)

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
803 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Omni Royal Crescent, Country Inns OR Dauphine Orleans?

Thanks for all the good input. I am still weighing the choices.

And thanks about the kinds words about my sweet Casey. He was the best pooch ever. Miss him every day.

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
10,634 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Omni Royal Crescent, Country Inns OR Dauphine Orleans?

Yeah I know what you mean Debits. You never really get over missing them! Hopefully Casey is playing with all our beloved beloved pooches too :)

Still casting my vote for the Provincial!!!!

Edited: 29 August 2013, 23:39