We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Convention Center Parking Question - Parking for Drago's

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
259 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
Convention Center Parking Question - Parking for Drago's

We will be arriving in Exactly Two Weeks and will be driving from our hotel in Pensacola Beach and arriving around 2pm We will have two hours to kill before we could check in to our hotel located in the Garden District. Drago's serves lunch until 4pm and we were thinking this would be a great place to stop for lunch. Is it difficult to find parking here on a Friday afternoon?

Greenwood, Louisiana
Level Contributor
2,495 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Convention Center Parking Question - Parking for Drago's

Drago's is in the Hilton Riverside-which does have a parking garage-don't know the hourly rate there. Harrah's parking is across the street, and if you play with your Total Rewards card for 30 min, you get the parking free.

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
259 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Convention Center Parking Question - Parking for Drago's

Also, one more question - They list two Drago's on Zagat - a Drago's and a Drago's Seafood Restaurant but both have the same address listed. What's the story? Is one more casual /affordable than the other? Thank you all for your great fountain of knowledge.

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
259 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Convention Center Parking Question - Parking for Drago's

Sounds real good. Thank you for that tip. If I end up gambling for 1/2 hr., the parking will probably end up costing me over $10,000 with my bad luck.

AR
Level Contributor
3,578 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Convention Center Parking Question - Parking for Drago's

Drago's Seafood Restaurant is in Metairie, not at the Hilton. Drago's is in the Hilton Riverside. They might validate parking with a meal.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,215 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Convention Center Parking Question - Parking for Drago's

Drago's down at the Hilton validates parking for self-park in the Hilton garage, and it's an easy + convenient garage to park in. It's safe, and with luggage in the car, I wouldn't want to park further away.

Make sure you eat the char-broiled oysters, they are to die for. Plenty of tables are available, no reservations needed, and casual attire is fine.

Just rereading the thread: Both Drago's serve the same food. The Metairie location is the original location and that's not convenient to your plans, just to be clear.

Bon appetit!

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
259 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Convention Center Parking Question - Parking for Drago's

Thanks floras. We will definitely park in the garage since we will have luggage and my husband's babies - his golf clubs. Charbroiled oysters are already on my mind. Thank you so much.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,215 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Convention Center Parking Question - Parking for Drago's

I just can't remember how much the validation rate is, it might be free or it might be $3-5, but a meter charges $3 for 2 hours anyways and it's not as convenient nor as safe. Call the restaurant directly and ask if the cost matters. I think they prefer cash, too. Alternately, I think you can ask to Valet Park, too, if you prefer (doubt it, though).

Enjoy those oysters, and make sure you sop the french bread in that buttery sauce afterwards!

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
259 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Convention Center Parking Question - Parking for Drago's

Thank you for the info. Cost is not a factor just want to make sure our stuff is safe. I will definitely enjoy the oysters and sauce. Using bread to sop up the sauce is a much classier suggestion than my original plan which was to drink it out of the bowl.

9. Re: Convention Center Parking Question - Parking for Drago's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2014, 06:21