We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lost camera new orleans

3 posts
Save Topic
lost camera new orleans

hi there, last night (3rd of september 2013) i lost my blue sony camera in new orleans. I might have left it in a red taxi we took from bourbon street to our hotel nearby. There are pictures on it of a 2week road trip thru 10 states. Please contact me if you found my camera!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,115 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: lost camera new orleans

I hope you contacted the taxi company. My son left and iPod in a United cab once several years ago. He had the cab driver's name and called. It was mailed to him. Good luck!

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,321 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: lost camera new orleans

Good luck. Call the cab co. as soon as you realize something is gone so they can contact the driver. Word to the wise: always note the cab co. and cab. # when you enter the cab and write it down. You never know what may happen. If you're too drunk to write, take a picture!

Edited: 05 September 2013, 03:42
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: lost camera new orleans

Good one! That would have made it a lot easier. Thanks for the reply

NJ
Level Contributor
238 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: lost camera new orleans

I don't know how much taking a picture helps when it's your camera that you lost.

But yeah, it's best to contact the cab company the second you realize you left something behind.

TFK

3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: lost camera new orleans

Haha true but at least then i was aware of cab numbers and company names.. I called Alliance they were very friendly. Nothing turned in yet

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,297 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: lost camera new orleans

This website might end up helping:

http://www.camerafound.com/

Other options came up when I Googled "website lost camera"

Good luck!!

Ottawa
Level Contributor
2,349 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: lost camera new orleans

Sorry it won't help much this time and I hope you get your camera back, but a traveller on TA has given me the greatest advice which I use always. Take a picture of your name and contact information. That way if someone finds the camera, they have a way to get in touch with the owner to return it. Good luck!

Karen

8. Re: lost camera new orleans

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2014, 05:16