We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

YeMaYa Parade

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
WI
Level Contributor
100 posts
1 review
Save Topic
YeMaYa Parade

My girlfriends & I (8 total) will be in Nola during the Treme Creole Gumbo Fest and I see it says there will be a special appearance by the LadyFest YeMaYa parade. Does anyone know what that means? I see in the past there has been a parade with a lot of women groups and it looks fun. I can't seem to find any updated info on this or any other parade or second line. Is it just too early yet that nothing is posted?

Greenwood, Louisiana
Level Contributor
2,499 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: YeMaYa Parade

When is the Treme Creole Gumbo Fest?

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
11,289 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: YeMaYa Parade

Don't know much in the way of details, but this is affiliated with Ladyfest New Orleans. Although the 2013 information is not yet posted (you can see 11/10 at 4 PM for 2012), this is the webpage:

http://www.ladyfestneworleans.org/

This is from the announcement for 2011:

The YeMaMa Parade, which is a part of the LadyFest celebration, will march from Buffa's Bar on Esplanade to The Maison on Frenchman this Saturday from 6 to 8:30 p.m. It will be the first ever all-women, only-women walking parade in New Orleans, and will have over 25 women's parading groups partying on the streets, including the Camel Toe Steppers, Muff-a-lottas, Sirens, and Bearded Oysters. There will be music by the Local Skank, Music of Mo'Lasses, and the All-Girlz All-Starz Marching Band. The parade will end with an afterparty at The Maison. More information about the route and participation is at LadyFestNewOrleans.org.

Kansas City
Level Contributor
5,990 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: YeMaYa Parade

All all women krewe which some of your dear friends belong to are going to march in the YeMaMa Parade Loop. ; )

WI
Level Contributor
100 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: YeMaYa Parade

Poole the Treme Creole Gumbo Fest is Nov 9 & 10th and it looks like Ladyfest has been part of that in the past but I can't find any updated info for it this year. I have been to NOLA many times but I really want to see a parade or 2nd line this time.

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
318 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: YeMaYa Parade

I'm down for this, volunteering even. 8 women interested in this and doing your homework, good stuff. here's the link. www.jazzandheritage.org/treme-gumbo See y'all there!

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,327 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: YeMaYa Parade

The way it's going, there will be enough TA er's who have moved to/or have a vacation home in NOLA, and will be able to organize their own krewe! My dream is to be part of it someday.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
689 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: YeMaYa Parade

The dance troupe I belong to has been a part of YeMaYa for the past 3 years and we have it on our schedule as Sunday the 10th lining up about 3:30 at Buffa's and "over in plenty of time for Saints kickoff". Great way to put it!

WI
Level Contributor
100 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: YeMaYa Parade

Thank you for that information chapookie. I am super exited. Looks like my group of friends would really fit in. We are a wild & wacky bunch.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
689 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: YeMaYa Parade

You'll have a great time! Sadly, this is one parade I'll be sitting out as we are on the map to do at least 16 parades this year! This parade asks that each woman who marches (at least from our group) pay a set amount of money to their charity and/or sell raffle tickets. While their cause is usually amazing, after paying dues, costume fees, and throws for Mardi Gras this year, I can't justify putting forth the cash. That, and we're doing 3 Halloween parades. I might not be ale to move.

Of course, I say that now, but ill most likely be bored that Sunday and show up with cash in hand anyway. Thats what happened last year. Have a fabulous time!

Edited: 13 September 2013, 07:30
London
Level Contributor
107 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: YeMaYa Parade

Chapookie, what is the third Halloween parade? I only know of krewe of boo and the one from Molly's.