We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental cars between New Orleans and San Antonio or Austin

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Virginia
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Rental cars between New Orleans and San Antonio or Austin

I've been trying to find descent rental rates for a car between New Orleans and San Antonio TX or Austin, TX. They are so expensive. The companies act as if nobody is ever going to be driving back from one of the places in TX,back to New Orleans. I'm sure that is really highly unlikely. Have not made return reservations because I want to see where I can get the best deal for car rental.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rental cars between New Orleans and San Antonio or Austin

You may catch a flight for cheaper. United often has RT flights for $161 from Houston.

Virginia
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rental cars between New Orleans and San Antonio or Austin

I don't need the round trip ticket because we will be flying back to NC from either Austin or San Antonio. Whichever offers the cheapest alternative. Mainly having to do with car rental as we can get good rates flying back to NC.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
650 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rental cars between New Orleans and San Antonio or Austin

Unfortunately, one-way rentals ARE expensive...usually more than flying. Not knowing your dates, i just randomly plugged in a one-way rental for the first week of December (you probably already realize its best to limit the one-way rental to as few days as you need, then if you need one locally to rent another car) and assuming you can do all the driving to New Orleans in one day, its about 230 bucks for a full size car. If you try a one-way rental, then put in a full week, it'll cost you over $1000 - so you'd want to rent another car locally after you drop that one off, as pointless as that sounds.

4. Re: Rental cars between New Orleans and San Antonio or Austin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2014, 06:19