We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Take out gumbo

kentucky
Level Contributor
96 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Take out gumbo

We are driving to Nola this visit. Bringing a cooler and want to fill it up with gumbo, muffelettas,etc to bring home. Advise on places that will pack things like that to go? Thanks!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
478 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Take out gumbo

Mel - Hobnobbers has some of the best (unknown!) gumbo in town. We always get ours to-go. I'm not sure how big of a container they will do for you, but it's worth checking out. For muffulettas, I'm partial to the original Central Grocery. They definitely know the drill for packing things to go. Grab some Zapps chips while you're there ... oh, and a few 6 packs of Abita. I wish I was going with you!!!

Enjoy!

AR
Level Contributor
3,612 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Take out gumbo

Gumbo Shop has it packed to go in plastic bags...ships it all over that way.

3. Re: Take out gumbo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2014, 06:19