We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel booking windows

Augusta, Maine
Level Contributor
212 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
hotel booking windows

I Am just curios about hotel opening booking windows. I am looking at hotels for June 2014 and it seems many do not show availability all month. I am wondering if some hotels just wouldn't have opened there booking window that far out. I don't want to settle on a room that is open if others might be opening.

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,132 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel booking windows

yeah, you're way too early. They'll set their prices by what's happening at that time (conventions and what not) but it's too soon for them to tell what's going on at that time. If you call a hotel directly, it MIGHT be different and you MIGHT get a price, but you've still got 9 months and you'd probably have better luck in December/January.

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,409 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel booking windows

The Valentino hotels usually have their schedule open 10-11 months ahead, but most other places are 6-9 months ahead.

Augusta, Maine
Level Contributor
212 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel booking windows

Great!!! I was hoping that was the case. I LOVE planning, so I always start very early for all f our vacations. I was wondering if I need to switch our dates. Our anniversary is 6/5 and husbands bday is 6/11, so trying to plan around those dates. I was considering change to May for some slightly cooler temps, but I think June might have better hotel rates. Thanks again!!

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,132 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel booking windows

"I think June might have better hotel rates" SOOOOO true!!!!

Augusta, Maine
Level Contributor
212 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel booking windows

It looks like sometimes they throw othe things in with their summer rates to entice you to book too. I am assuming June falls in to summer rates

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,036 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel booking windows

In general, June will have better rates, but it will also have more challenging heat and humidity. It can really limit your activities, especially if you're not used to it.

Augusta, Maine
Level Contributor
212 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotel booking windows

when we were there for our honeymoon it was hot, but we were okay. It will be the first hald of the month, so hopefully not to bad. Hoping to book a hotel with a pool too!

8. Re: hotel booking windows

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2014, 05:16