We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to City Park

Jersey Shore, New...
Level Contributor
1,156 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to City Park

Been trying to figure out how we are going to get to City Park for the Louisiana Seafood Fest. Taking the street car will bring us to the very tip of the park and the fest is still a good distance from there (Mirabeau bridge area). I certainly don't mind taking a taxi but on a festival day I'm sure that's not easy...going and coming! Is there a bus that runs up and down Espalande (although it ends at the park and essentially would be the same as the trolley) or do you think they will be running shuttles from the Quarter for the Fest??? Been racking my brain for days now!

AR
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to City Park

Yes there is a city bus that runs on Esplanade.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to City Park

Elisabeth, which day are you going? Soulcat is going to be in town then as well and we were thinking of going on Friday.

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,409 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to City Park

I asked that same question a couple of months back. Here's the info

tripadvisor.com/…51638295

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,331 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to City Park

There's a "Contact Us" link for e-mail on the festival page - might try that or call the number listed on the page. Maybe they will run a shuttle from near NOMA? If you can't get any clarity on it, I'd plan on a cab. You can theroetically get there via the 51 bus getting off at Paris and Mirabeau and walking about 10 minutes west to the park, but that will require transfers and I wouldn't fool with it unless you've got tons of time.

Jersey Shore, New...
Level Contributor
1,156 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting to City Park

yikes Highway...that seems like way too much. might as well just take the street car to the entrance and walk the rest of the way! Yes Rodent Friday for sure for us as we are leaving on Saturday, but not until 4 PM but still want to go Friday. Thursday we plan on going to Armstrong Park for the weekly Jazz Concert! Thanks Porlley will go and read that!

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,144 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting to City Park

The 91 Esplanade bus won't get you any closer than the streetcar. Both cross the park's entrance where Carrollton/Wisner/Esplanade intersect.

The website says the festival will use the new Festival Grounds. If I'm not mistaken, that area is on the other side of 610 from Mirabeau and is fairly close to the museum. If this is indeed the case, it's easily walkable from the streetcar/bus stop.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,144 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting to City Park

Just checked City Park's website and the Festival Grounds are indeed located SOUTH of I-610, just below Pan American Stadium on a map. It's right next to Christian Brothers School, NOMA and the lagoon jogging trail in front of the park. You can walk it from the bus stop!

Jersey Shore, New...
Level Contributor
1,156 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting to City Park

hmmmm I read somewhere that its next to the Mirabeau Bridge! gotta find where I saw that ! I'd prefer below I610 though :o)

Thanks

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,409 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Getting to City Park

Seems like a cab is the best option. They'll drop you off at the door, wherever that will be.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,144 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Getting to City Park

The map on the Seafood Festival has a little red star next to the Mirabeau Bridge. I think that's because someone just googled City Park and then copied the map onto the site!! If I'm not mistaken, the area near Mirabeau is part of the golf course.