We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Halloween Day

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
104 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Halloween Day

I know there are lots of things going on the weekend before, but what about Halloween Day? I did see there was a "Molly's" parade last year but when I went to the website they didn't have anything regarding this year. Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks Guys! I love this forum!!!!!!!

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,327 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Halloween Day

neworleansonline.com/neworleans/seasonal/hal…

Here's info from the NO tourism website. As for Molly's, they probably don't have their website updated yet. Unfortunately, most NOLA bars aren't to swift when it come to that.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
104 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Halloween Day

Do you know if this is on Halloween day?

Street Parties

One of the biggest Halloween celebrations occurs every year on Frenchmen Street in the Faubourg Marigny. Throngs of partygoers, including locals and tourists, take to the streets in their elaborate and frequently outlandish outfits. Of course, you can expect to find many kindred “spirits” among the frenzied throng and you might even run into a “blood” relative or two.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,648 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Halloween Day

@blueskies9999, Do you know if this is on Halloween day?

Halloween night, but yes. GO! and be sure to costume.

Molly's will parade, probably along the same parade route as last year. Stake out a spot on Bienville and Bourbon and watch the parade go by. Then after it passes walk up to Conti to the Erin Rose where there will be a costume contest where you can see the 'cream of the crop' outfits. Then you can second line back to Molly's or walk down to Frenchmen St. to join that great party.

The merchants on Royal St. bring treats for wandering little ghosts and goblins, and Incredible Hulks, Spidermen, etc. when school lets out around 2-3 ish Halloween afternoon. We were lucky enough to be in the midst of it and really enjoyed shopping and wandering along Royal St. with hundreds of kids trick or treating from the stores. The parents are along, and everyone enjoys it, shopkeepers, parents, kids and newly delighted tourists.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
689 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Halloween Day

The Molly's parade is planned to go on as usual, they're just not good at getting the information out there until the last minute. Even the marching groups involved don't know what's up until about 30 minutes before lineup. It's followed the same route since its inception, so staking out your spot according to last year's information shouldn't be a problem.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
104 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Halloween Day

GumboK and Chapookie!!!! I could kiss you both. Thanks so much!

Allentown...
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Halloween Day

Concerning the Molly's Parade, can anyone in costume march, or is it only specific groups, or is it second line, or.....what?

London
Level Contributor
107 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Halloween Day

How long before the parade starts is it best to stake out a spot?

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
689 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Halloween Day

The parade is made up of local marching groups and paid riders. Last year, you could ride for $75. It is an actual, policed parade so you can't just jump in the middle of it and march, but masses of costumed revelers always tack on to the end of it! The festivities at Molly's before and after plus the contest at the Erin Rose during the parade is fun and free to attend. Note: the parade is fine for kids to watch, but the festivities surrounding it are all in bars that don't admit anyone under 21.

Pinchy, I don't think you'd have to stake out a spot too far ahead of time. It doesnt have attendance like a Mardi Gras parade or that the Krewe of Boo probably will. Hang out around Molly's about 5:00-6:00 and once you see things getting lined up, head down Decatur and stake something out (that's what I would do). If you have kids with you, or just want to stay away from the crowd, head further down Decatur or stand somewhere on Bienville. Bourbon is the only street that is usually a decent sized parade crowd because everyone spills out of the bars to watch.

Colorado
Level Contributor
405 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Halloween Day

There is jazz in armstrong park most the afternoon Halloween day as if falls on a Thursday. I think it is Kermit Ruffins and Rebirth. If you google jazz armstrong park it should come up.

10. Re: Halloween Day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2015, 18:44
Edited: 05 October 2015, 18:44