We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Now You See Me film scenes in New Orleans

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
9,356 posts
140 reviews
Save Topic
Now You See Me film scenes in New Orleans

A co-worker recently told me about the movie Now You See Me, Now You Don't, which is partly filmed in New Orleans. He asked if I had been to the Savoy Theatre (seen in the movie) and I replied that I didn't think there was such a place. So I rented the movie and can't figure out where the Savoy Theatre filming occurred. Anyone have any idea?

Mentioned in this post
New Orleans
New Orleans
Louisiana
Special Offer
French Quarter History Tour with Cafe...
7 Reviews
from US$28.99*
US$32.00
Special Offer
French Quarter History and Ghost...
35 Reviews
from US$14.00*
US$25.00
New Orleans French Quarter Walking...
43 Reviews
from US$25.00*
Elmhurst, Illinois
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Now You See Me film scenes in New Orleans

I'm glad you said that, because we just watched that this weekend. My husband and I were trying to figure out where it was also, but decided it wasn't real. It was a nice surprise seeing scenes in New Orleans, I hadn't expected that.

Mentioned in this post
New Orleans
New Orleans
Louisiana
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
718 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Now You See Me film scenes in New Orleans

From French Quarter Living:

"The crew started building and changing build facades by 6 AM. They put up a bunch of great Mardi Gras decorations on our place, and the places all around. Also, they used the Williams Research Center (which is an old police precinct/criminal courts building) as a fictional theater called “The Savoy”. The team did an amazing buildout on the front of the building that instantly converted it into classic looking venue."

Looks like the Williams Research Center is located at 410 Chartres St.

Mentioned in this post
French Quarter
French Quarter
18,465 Reviews
New Orleans, LA
Mardi Gras
Mardi Gras
88 Reviews
New Orleans, LA
Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,444 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Now You See Me film scenes in New Orleans

Another NO movie? Woohoo!

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
9,356 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Now You See Me film scenes in New Orleans

Chris, thanks for the info! Seems to be quite a few Illinoisans on the forum - you, luvNO311, and me (Springfield area).

porelly, some of the scenes were filmed in NO and some in New York. The movie is kind of far-fetched, but fun to watch.

Mentioned in this post
5. Re: Now You See Me film scenes in New Orleans

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2014, 05:19