We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sucre coming to the French Quarter

Greenwood, Louisiana
Level Contributor
2,504 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Sucre coming to the French Quarter

Oh goody! Now I won't have to go to Magazine St. for sweet goodies!

nola.com/dining/…incart_m-rpt-2

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sucre coming to the French Quarter

Oh my! And not only desserts but charcuterie as well! Rodent could never say no to more charcuterie places.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sucre coming to the French Quarter

Oh my! And not only desserts but charcuterie as well! Rodent could never say no to more charcuterie places.

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,409 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sucre coming to the French Quarter

Mmmmmm, I hope it's open by FQF next year! Sounds like it's going to be an awesome place.

Kansas City
Level Contributor
5,990 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sucre coming to the French Quarter

Awesome! I love Sucre. Dear friend Lillidalla got me hooked when she gave us a delightful gift of those amazing macaroons. I have been a regualr ever since. Can't wait.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,660 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sucre coming to the French Quarter

Great news.

We always enjoyed the journey up Magazine St. and the reward(s) at the end of the trek. :0

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
10,654 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sucre coming to the French Quarter

I have never been to Sucre, but from what I hear this could be a good thing! I do love sweets but am just too lazy to go all the way to Magazine Street!

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,142 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sucre coming to the French Quarter

sweets just don't cut it for me...salt and grease is where it's at! :) LOVE New Orleans...where everything has a ton of butter involved!!!!!!

From the article, looks like it won't open till after Mardi Gras 2014...well...there goes ANOTHER year I won't be trying it! :)

Edited: 19 September 2013, 00:03
Schulenburg, Texas
Level Contributor
1,875 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sucre coming to the French Quarter

Wonderful news and thanks, poole, for sharing it. Awwww, KCK, I am so glad I got you hooked :). That's what friends are for....and we will certainly miss our pre-Halloween fun with you and your DH. 2014: we'll get together! Salt and grease, Herm? Once again, your roots are showing:) !!!

Greenwood, Louisiana
Level Contributor
2,504 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sucre coming to the French Quarter

Those macaroons are sooooo good! And their gelato is good too. Everything I've ever had there is good!

Schulenburg, Texas
Level Contributor
1,875 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sucre coming to the French Quarter

And did you know that Tariq Hanna is a former winner of TLC's Ultimate Cake Off? I just love Sucre!