We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mon Night Football in French Quarter Recos Please

Bangor, Pennsylvania
2 posts
Save Topic
Mon Night Football in French Quarter Recos Please

Does any one have any recommendation on where to watch this Monday Nights Saints game in the French Quarter. Want to be with the locals and prefer walking distance on the Bourbon Orleans Hotel. Many thanks!

Swamp Boat Adventure and Plantations...
717 reviews
from US$176.00*
Steamboat Natchez Jazz Dinner Cruise
949 reviews
from US$48.00*
New Orleans Swamp Tour by Boat
129 reviews
from US$56.00*
Special Offer
New Orleans Ghost, Voodoo, and...
455 reviews
from US$14.99*
US$26.50
Greenwood, Louisiana
Level Contributor
2,504 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mon Night Football in French Quarter Recos Please

This was a hot topic last week. See-

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60864-i34-k685863…

Bangor, Pennsylvania
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Mon Night Football in French Quarter Recos Please

Thanks for the link, did not search back that far!

AR
Level Contributor
3,596 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mon Night Football in French Quarter Recos Please

Johnny White's

MRB

Good Friends.

are three of my favorites for the Saints games and are all in the French Quarter.

Mystic, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mon Night Football in French Quarter Recos Please

This game should be on in every bar in New Orleans since MNF is on ESPN and the Saints are playing, so you could go barhopping. I would go a little divey on this one. Good choices by skt above. You might add Loop's two favs...Harry's Corner and the Chart Room on either end of Chartres...both have cheap drinks, TVs and locals.

Now, since a home game, however, I have no idea if there is a chance of local blackout. Assume Saints sell out and no chance of that. It is the 3-0 Dolphins also, so insert some regional rivalry.

I watched a Saints-Dolphins game a couple of years ago in the Apple Barrel, of all places. Saints made a huge comeback in fourth quarter. It was completely insane, but totally fun.

Edited: 24 September 2013, 18:45
Greenwood, Louisiana
Level Contributor
2,504 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mon Night Football in French Quarter Recos Please

No blackouts for NOLA-all games sellouts.

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
12,309 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mon Night Football in French Quarter Recos Please

Just for future reference, there are generally two types of inquiries regarding the viewing of sports on TV in NOLA. One type, like in this thread, addresses viewing the Saints. Since the Saints are sold out for this season and not subject to blackout, with the exception of the Thursday 11/21 game with the Falcons being carried only on the NFL Network, all the games will be carried on local broadcast TV or ESPN1, which are included in most all cable packages received by bars. Therefore, you can pretty much choose your favorite bar ambiance; all the bars being mentioned in this thread so far being among my faves. Maybe some locals can advise us regarding whether the NFL Network is included in the "typical" NOLA cable TV package.

However, the other type of inquiry, addressed in the thread cited in the first reply, relates to games, such as next Sunday's Seattle and Houston matchup, or college games not involving the SEC, which might not be being broadcast on the local network channels or carried on ESPN1 or ESPN2. These games can only be shown by bars or other establishments subscribing to a more sophisticated, and much more expensive for a commercial establishment, cable or satellite package, such establishments being much less common.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
57,116 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mon Night Football in French Quarter Recos Please

"Maybe some locals can advise us regarding whether the NFL Network is included in the "typical" NOLA cable TV package."

I'm not a local, but NFL Thursday night games are typically made available on local broadcast stations in the home markets. So the November 21st game against Atlanta will be shown on WVUE FOX-8 in New Orleans in addition to the NFL Network.

8. Re: Mon Night Football in French Quarter Recos Please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2014, 05:17