We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Time - Surprising my Husband

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brighton, Michigan
Level Contributor
149 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
First Time - Surprising my Husband

I would like to do a four day weekend surprise visit to New Orleans for my husband and myself. We would like to be able to walk to most everything we do. I need help in deciding where to stay since I have just begun my inquiring about New Orleans and this is our first time there. Any help you can give will be much appreciated.

Greenwood, Louisiana
Level Contributor
2,495 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Time - Surprising my Husband

Stay IN the French Quarter if you want to walk everywhere. Lots of choices to fit all budgets. Go to-

http://www.neworleansonline.com/ to narrow your choices, then call the hotel directly for best deals and room choices. Great idea to surprise him! Have fun!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
84 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: First Time - Surprising my Husband

No better advice than what you received from Poolejkp17. Stay in the French Quarter, wear comfortable shoes and trust me, you will love it

nj
Level Contributor
1,743 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First Time - Surprising my Husband

great advice...just wanted to add ~~ i like your style! what a great surprise....

Edited: 02 October 2013, 20:53
Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,327 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First Time - Surprising my Husband

Especially for a 1st timer, the Place D'Armes Hotel and the Bourbon Orleans have just great locations, smack in the middle of the Quarter. But with that being said, the Quarter is not a large area, small blocks, so pretty much any hotel in the Quarter is a good location.

Atmore
Level Contributor
300 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First Time - Surprising my Husband

when are you going? I haven't found anything available for Oct 19-20...big convention going on

6. Re: First Time - Surprising my Husband

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2014, 06:19