We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lunch at Commanders Palace

boston
Level Contributor
148 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Lunch at Commanders Palace

How is the timing of the service at Commanders on a typical Friday ?

We have a walking tour starting at 1:45 so want to time the reservation so we are not rushed in anyway. Thank you.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,657 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lunch at Commanders Palace

Where does the walking tour begin? How many people in your party? If it is very close (<10 min), and two people I'd make the reservation for 12:30. Further away and more people I'd make it for 12:15.

boston
Level Contributor
148 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lunch at Commanders Palace

2 people and the tour starts at the Garden District Book Shop, 2727 Prytania Street - very close

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,613 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lunch at Commanders Palace

Tell your server of your time crunch and they accommodate and remember if you want the bread pudding souffle you need to order it when first ordering.

Mystic, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lunch at Commanders Palace

I would probably come a little earlier...before 12, just in case. Commander's is not an experience you want to rush, especially if you participate in the 25 cent martinis. You can browse at the bookstore if you get there a little early.

At Commander's, get a reservation and request a table in the Garden Room, by the live oak.

Edited: 08 October 2013, 10:04
Augusta, Maine
Level Contributor
207 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lunch at Commanders Palace

what is the dress at lunch. Is casual okay?

Kansas City
Level Contributor
5,990 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lunch at Commanders Palace

Business Casual is OK at lunch. No shorts are allowed. Lots of people dress up at lunch there but men can get away with khakis and collared shirt for me, plus closed toe shoe.

Augusta, Maine
Level Contributor
207 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lunch at Commanders Palace

Okay we are going in June. I am sure that DH will not want to be in long pants for a walking tour. He is normally collared shirt and nice shorts with boat shoes. Oh well we will have to have lunch somewhere else. The .25 martinis sounded really good!!!!!

Mystic, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lunch at Commanders Palace

Bring a backpack with slacks inside.

In fact, in June...throw in an extra shirt for both of you as well.

Edited: 08 October 2013, 13:39
Jersey Shore, New...
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lunch at Commanders Palace

Really no shorts for men? I did ñot know that. Hubs didnt brjng "big boy" pants. Although last nite was nippy and he thought about going to buy some, lol

AR
Level Contributor
3,592 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lunch at Commanders Palace

No shorts for anyone, and they enforce the dress code.