We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
25,997 posts
535 reviews
Save Topic
Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter

I am contemplating coming to NOLA in early January and the last time I came was 4 years ago and we stayed at this location --> 124 Royal St., Which was a Holiday Inn.

I am curious on if the new hotel which I think is the Wyndham New Orleans has gotten better or is it still the same?

AR
Level Contributor
3,583 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter

It really has not been a Wyndham very long. Wyndham has hired an architect who is a friend of mine and he says that though they will do some remodeling, it won't be extensive...they are still in the meeting stage. I doubt that it will be finished in early Jan.

2. Re: Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 30 November 2013, 04:42
Jackson, Mississippi
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter

We stayed there this summer. The website made it look much nicer than it actually was. I got a deal on travelzoo so we paid next to nothing but I would have been highly disappointed if we had paid full price. I'm not sure if they've done any renovating since then though.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,585 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter

We never liked our two stays there and without the renovations...might be better somewhere else this time.

maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,136 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter

We have stayed there as a Holiday Inn and right after they made the change to Wyndham. The hotel was clean and comfortable and thats what we were looking for. The front end staff were great and we had no complaints. The location is wonderful so if you get a good price I would grab it!

Daphne
Level Contributor
232 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter

Is this the old Holiday Inn French Quarter?

AR
Level Contributor
3,583 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter

yes

8. Re: Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2014, 06:17