We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Happy hour oysters.

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,483 posts
Save Topic
Happy hour oysters.

I remember reading a post awhile ago about a place that had 50 cent oysters for happy hour. Can anybody tell me where this is? It's my intention to make them sorry they ever offered that while I'm in town.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,450 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Happy hour oysters.

Luke :)

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,483 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Happy hour oysters.

Yes Princess Leia?

Mystic, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Happy hour oysters.

Lüke HH with 50 cent oysters is 3 - 6, Mon - Fri only. Half priced beer and wine. Big P&J oysters. This place is in CBD on St. Charles and is only 3 blocks (?) from Canal.

Samuel's Blind Pelican, also along St. Charles in the Central City area, and on streetcar route, has 25 cent oysters during happy hour. Haven't been, but at $3 a dozen, worth it, even if subjected to warm beer and poor service.

Arnauds's Remoulade on Bourbon has 75 cent happy hour oysters if you want to stay in the quarter. 4 - 6 Mon - Fri. They also had 75 cent Miller through Sept...don't know what beer prices are. This place is nicely air conditioned as I recall.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,450 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Happy hour oysters.

LOL, tell me you *didn't* ask this question with the sole intent to make this joke. =)

By the way, i lost my raw oyster virginity at Luke.

Edited: 09 October 2013, 03:22
NJ
Level Contributor
715 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Happy hour oysters.

Not sure what everyone else's experience with Luke was, but when we went to the happy hour we quickly relaized that they select the smaller/inferior oysters to serve for 50 cents. If you order a dozen off the menu" you will get MUCH better ones. It's still a great restaurant, their turtle soup is awesome, but we gave up on the oyster happy hour quiet some time ago.

Edited: 09 October 2013, 14:24
Mystic, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Happy hour oysters.

Wu-King..I have heard the same complaint, from a few others, but always got the big, plump gulf P&Js at Lüke. Five or six trips...all good.

They are considerably bigger than the blue points raised around here. I found a $1 happy hour deal in Mystic, but otherwise, they are $2.75 to $3 each at regular prices.

The Remoulade oysters were good and not noticeably different from Lüke (75 cents),

Have you done Samuel's Blind Pelican (25 cents)?

Edited: 09 October 2013, 14:54
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,450 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Happy hour oysters.

Wunder, the ones I had were a very nice size, too (it was in September last year, in case the time of the year could matter). As I said, they were my very first ones, so at that point I had nothing to compare them with. But I had raw oysters at Casamento's a few days ago and I'd actually say the ones at Luke were slightly larger on average.

I did like other food at Luke, and their bread pudding was decent, but the Dark and Stormy was very disappointing. It was not even made with dark rum at all, it was completely clear and we called it "Light and Sunny". It was OK but a totally different drink.

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
4,707 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Happy hour oysters.

I will be following this thread with great interest!

Mystic, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Happy hour oysters.

Sorry, no raw oysters were consumed on my last trip...my loss!

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
4,707 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Happy hour oysters.

Topping for my upcoming trip!