We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

American Horror Story Coven!!!

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver
Level Contributor
49 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
American Horror Story Coven!!!

Soooooo freaking great!! Agreed?!

Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: American Horror Story Coven!!!

I love this season!!! I am planning a trip to NOLA next year for Christmas :)

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
7,583 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: American Horror Story Coven!!!

I liked it!

Mystic, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: American Horror Story Coven!!!

I fell asleep, but recorded for later. The parts I actually saw, New Orleans 1830s and present day, were kinda creepy...in a good sort of way. As expected, Kathy Bates is a genuine beeeashhh. Some very dark themed Harry Potter for girls.

Edited: 10 October 2013, 18:26
NJ
Level Contributor
226 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: American Horror Story Coven!!!

I never saw the 1st two seasons, but I watched it last night because of the New Orleans connection. I thought it was 'meh'. Reminded me of the type of corny horror movie that would star Megan Fox and Eliza Dushku. I was pretty disappointed because people have talked up this show to be on par with The Walking Dead, and judging by last night, it wasn't even close.

I'll keep watching though, maybe it will grow on me.

TFK

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,450 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: American Horror Story Coven!!!

Is it the kind of show that I'd be fine watching if I've not seen the previous seasons or will I be completely lost and not knowing what's going on?

Baltimore
Level Contributor
106 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: American Horror Story Coven!!!

I DVR'ed it, I haven't seen the first two seasons but look forward to watching simply for the NO connection.

Another show I have been checking out is "The Originals" a spin off of "Vampire Diaries"

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
7,583 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: American Horror Story Coven!!!

I haven't seen the first two seasons but enjoyed watching it because of being filmed in New Orleans. I definitely like Walking Dead better though.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,176 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: American Horror Story Coven!!!

@Rodent.... The seasons are completely independent if each other with zero connections. Watch episode 1 and you're caught up:) Season 1 was great after you got into it and I haven't seen season 2 yet, but it seemed kinda weird based in previews and comments. The Originals is pretty good I think. Episode 1 was slow and cheesy but episode 2 was really good and got me kinda hooked, so I'm optimistic about the show. Jury is still out on Coven..... Other than the Nola scenes, last nights show didn't do much for me:(

Mystic, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: American Horror Story Coven!!!

The Kathy Bates character, Madame Lalaurie, is a real historical character and her home at 1140 Royal, popular in many of the ghost tours in the Quarter, is the site of her alleged torture of slaves in 1830s New Orleans. It is on the corner of Governor Nichols, directly opposite of.........Verti Marte!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,176 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: American Horror Story Coven!!!

I did think the Madame LaLaurie scenes were well done and quite fitting to some of the stories I've heard.... True or not!