We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vacation Rentals

Save Topic
Vacation Rentals

Hey there,

My wife and I will be there for a conference November 14 - 19. The gentleman i originally booked with a month ago canceled on me and now I'm coming up empty on here & a few similar sites. We want to stay in the Quarter to keep within walking/streetcar distance. Any suggestions on a real estate agent or similar I can contact directly? I'm running out of time here. :-(

Save Reply
1. Re: Vacation Rentals

Oh and I need to keep it $250/night or less please!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vacation Rentals

Just get a hotel.

AR
Level Contributor
3,592 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vacation Rentals

Most vacation rentals are illegal in New Orleans. See new.nola.gov/short-term-rentals for the city rules/regs and a list of legal rentals. If you do rent an illegal place, you have no recourse if they are "caught" / shut down, etc. The city can/will expect you to move immediately at your own expense. I suggest you go with one of the hotels or legal BnB;s . You might go to neworleansonline.com for suggestions on those.

Augusta, Maine
Level Contributor
207 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vacation Rentals

not sure of availability, but check out VRBO.. There is a privately owned condo that is attached to Hotel Provincial. If interested and can't find it let me know and I will see if I can locate the listing #

Colorado
Level Contributor
405 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Vacation Rentals

Surprised you didn't get blasted more on here for the illegal rental issue as the B&B owners are very sensitive about it. HA.

If you do go that route, for your own safety and finances please make sure it is well reviewed and you talk with the owner and do your homework as there have been quite a few victims of scam vacation rentals in New Orleans especially on Craigslist type sites. There aren't many "caught" and shut down incenses, mostly just scams that I would worry about.

AR
Level Contributor
3,592 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vacation Rentals

Actually the condos at Hotel Provincial are legal because they are in association/licensed with the hotel. You can actually call the Hotel Provincial (800-535-7922) for info on them. Again, please do NOT rent an unlicensed rental. Some in the Quarter have been turned in recently and have been fined and closed as rentals.

7. Re: Vacation Rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2014, 06:18