We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon hotels in NOLA

Nashville, Tennessee
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Honeymoon hotels in NOLA

I'm in the process of planning my honeymoon for the last week of October, 2013 (last minute, I know!)

I'm looking to stay in the French Quarter for less than $200 per night, but also willing to consider Downtown/Central Business District is the hotel is spectacular and a great deal. What would be the most romantic hotel? Do any hotels offer upgrades or specials for honeymooners (such as room upgrades, bottle of champagne, flowers, etc)?

After doing some research on TA, I am currently considering Omni Royal, Place D'armes, and Holiday Inn Chateau Lemoyne. Any others I should consider, balancing price, location, and good reviews?

Swamp Boat Adventure and Plantations...
719 reviews
from US$176.00*
Steamboat Natchez Jazz Dinner Cruise
951 reviews
from US$48.00*
New Orleans Swamp Tour by Boat
132 reviews
from US$56.00*
Special Offer
New Orleans Ghost, Voodoo, and...
457 reviews
from US$14.99*
US$26.50
Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
701 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon hotels in NOLA

I would also look into the Monteleone although I don't know if you can get it for less than $200 night. There is a nice rooftop pool as well as the Carousel Bar. The Omni Royal also has a really nice rooftop pool.

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
Level Contributor
3,337 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon hotels in NOLA

The Omni is a wonderful hotel, and I wish I'd spent my honeymoon there! But unless you find a special deal, you may only get into what they call their "petite" rooms within your budget. I don't recomend those rooms for a special occasion. I'd try calling the hotel and asking for Emily, the customer service rep to see of she can get you into a nicer sized room in your budget for your honeymoon. I'd bet that she might arrange for a special treat for you as well !

Allentown...
Level Contributor
89 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon hotels in NOLA

Two years ago we went to New Orleans with another couple. They stayed at the Holiday Inn Chateau Lemoyne and my husband and I stayed at the Place D'armes. They were kicking themselves that they didn't pick the Place D'armes nafter seeing it! It's a very charming hotel.

chicago
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon hotels in NOLA

If you're willing to walk a bit farther, Le Pavillon would be really nice for a honeymoon, and it usually costs less since it's in the CBD. You can walk to Bourbon in 5-10 minutes from there.

5. Re: Honeymoon hotels in NOLA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2014, 06:22