We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Silly question about brunch

Dearborn, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,352 posts
151 reviews
Save Topic
Silly question about brunch

Planning on Muriel's for Sunday jazz brunch. What's the best time for brunch???? I know there is no right or wrong, but I don't normally have brunch...just looking for feedback!

Lewes, Delaware
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Silly question about brunch

In my case, the only time they had available was 1030am, as their Sunday Jazz brunch is quite popular, and they fill quickly with reservations. When you call to reserve, they will work with you.

Dearborn, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,352 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Silly question about brunch

K, not going tell December! If you had your druthers, what time would you have selected?

Lewes, Delaware
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Silly question about brunch

I was happy with the 1030am offering, and I would do it again.

Vancouver, Wa
Level Contributor
625 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Silly question about brunch

We prefer to eat brunch early, 9 -10. We have fun taking time to watch people, eat, drink some champagne, talk about what we have done and what we are going to do, drink some more champagne, watch some more people. A typical brunch for us lasts 2 to 3 hours.

Dearborn, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,352 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Silly question about brunch

Wow... Thanks... I was thinking noon! I guess I may need to rethink this!

Dearborn, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,352 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Silly question about brunch

One last silly question? Would I be able to order a bloody Mary on a Sunday morning?

Vancouver, Wa
Level Contributor
625 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Silly question about brunch

Not silly at all Bobbi. New Orleans does not have "Sunday morning dry time" like many other areas.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
55,135 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Silly question about brunch

"Wow... Thanks... I was thinking noon! I guess I may need to rethink this!"

I'm not sure why? You can eat at whatever time suits you. If you want to have brunch at Noon, why not? I am confused about the comment about the 10:30 reservation. Muriel's website says they start brunch at 11:00? Do they just serve drinks until then, or can you get food that early?

Mystic, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Silly question about brunch

IF, the homepage says 11 - 2, the Sunday Brunch menu page says 10:30 - 2. I would make a reservation. Looks like some good apps and entrees. And a three course special that includes dessert.

http://www.muriels.com/html/brunch.html

Hey Vancouver...I would eat earlier too. 9 am to you is noon here....so that makes sense!

Edited: 24 October 2013, 19:57
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,278 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Silly question about brunch

We had brunch there at around 10:30 or 11am this past Mother's Day. It was perfect. It wasn't overly crowded which I was afraid would be the case.